Klipsch Palladium: Advice for Home Theater / Two Channel Setup?

asiano

I am considering buying from the Klipsch Palladium line for my home theater.  The center appears to be a no-brainer: P-27C.  However, I am not sure which floorstander to get for the fronts.  I listened to the P-39F speakers at a dealer and they were fantastic.  However, I am not sure if I want to spend that much money and they may be a little too big for my room.

Unfortunately, they do not have the P-38F or P-37F available for demo.  Do the P-38F or P-37F, have enough bass to be used for music without a subwoofer?  Also, do they sound similar to the P-39F speakers - just a little less bass or are there differences in the sound?  

I use my system 50/50 between music and movies, but two-channel performance is most important to me for the fronts.

I haven't heard these yet, but it looks like they all have the same high and mid set up. The only difference is the

P37f has 3  7" woofers with both speakers max spl output 120db

P38f has 3  8" woofers with both speakers max spl output 122db

P39f has 3  9" woofers with both speakers max spl output 126db

All are great options and I believe all would have a great deal of bass.

, but it looks like they all have the same high and mid set up.
There are subtle differences in the construction of the horn assemblies between models.

When compared visually side by side, the different parts are easy to see. Not sure how that equates performance-wise though.

Asiano,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, they do not have the P-38F or P-37F available for demo.  Do the P-38F or P-37F, have enough bass to be used for music without a subwoofer?

I have never heard any Palladiums so take this with a grain of salt.  My RF-63's with triple 6.5" drivers have plenty of fast thumping extended bass without a sub so my guess either the P37's(triple 7") or P38's(triple 8") will trump the 63's in the bass department.  

Bill 

Welcome Asiano.

I haven't heard the P39 or P37, but I have a pair of P38s, and I was amazed at how much bass they have, especially for music. It's clean and tight, but you do need a sub for movies. My current sub just isn't good enough to compliment the sound of the P38s. I hope to cure that soon!

Good luck in your search….Bill

, but it looks like they all have the same high and mid set up.
There are subtle differences in the construction of the horn assemblies between models.

When compared visually side by side, the different parts are easy to see. Not sure how that equates performance-wise though.

I found a side by side picture:

P-quan-1.jpg

P-quan-3.jpg

What does that website say?  LOL 

Edited by mustang guy

Does budget allow for any of them? If so and you think 39's will be too big then get 38's. I personally had 37's and they had plenty of bass. I myself, would not spend the extra money on anything bigger. Plus I'm a fan of matching sized woofers. And having the 7" woofers in towers, center and the 27 surrounds was fantastic in my living room.

I thought the mids/highs were all identical with all 3 speakers, just different XOs.
Not up close, and the proportions can fool the eyes. The horn on the P-39 is much larger for starters, and the guts are different too.

Once again though, I'm not privy to exactly how they differ. I just know they are indeed different between models, having inspected them in-person.