Budget power for now

JAMINGRIZZ

I'm still waiting to hear/see the horrors that some people say the UPA line is...I guess I'll just have to buy them all...lol

Hmm, I have never heard anything bad about the UPA line. All four UPA amps I have owned were trouble free and sounded wonderful.

The XPA Gen 2 is one that I am considering with 4 channels. Have a shot at a McIntosh but it is a six channel amp. 

Are you talking about a MC 206?    If so, and you can get a deal on it, then do it.  That amp has very clean power and has a great noise floor.  It will be dead silent and you're going to need a quiet amp with the Heritage speakers you own.  You will never lose money on it if and when you decide to sell as well. 

• Like 1

Had to go back and measure room is 16' x 24' with an 8 foot ceiling. Listening position will be front center about 6' from khorns and 7' from belles. I used to compete in the crank it up contests  in car audio, was 3rd in the nation at one time.  Moved on to build systems in some of the clubs. I do not mind loud as long as it is clear and precise. Funny that I used 15'' JBL pro woofers and midranges and still have 6 Klipsch horn tweeters from the car system. Usually pretty casual listener but there are those times when you have to turn it up. 

Some people feel that Khorns sound better at a greater distance.

16 x 24 x 8 is much more manageable.  Will the Khorns be on the long wall or the short wall?

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 1

That NAD is a beast, looked it up  at $4000 suggested retail. Need to check the outcome on the Emotiva auction for the XPA 2. The McIntosh is still in the works, we are haggling over price. It is the MC7106 , but at $2500 seems a bit high. The speakers will both be on the 16' wall opposite each other. Have been looking at the Emotiva pre amp processor, some good used deals on ebay, good enough for just music?