FS: Cigarbum's Fisher CA-880

jwc

Vintage stuff.  Bob had two of these and were basically decoration in his basement along with other vintage goodies.  I don't know the history.

I brought it up slowly on a Variac.

Youtube vid shows two cosmetic flaws pointed out.  These are not that notable from several feet away.  Lights work best I can tell and meters work.  No scratchy knobs.  No distortion best I can tell.

I did not check the phono.  There is a tuner and an aux input.  I hooked my iPod up to the aux and one of the channels doesn't work.  Not scratchy or shorted....just no sound.  However, both channels work fine from tuner input (iPod here).  I didn't crack the lid.  I'm sure it is an easy fix on the Aux output.

Sounds good.  Unit has some weight to it and cool looking.  Sold "as is".

$90 $75 shipped in CONUS.  Personal check mailed to Cigarbum.  PM me with details.

I may use packing peanuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwNEiyA85-0

Edited by jwc

I had a Fisher Studio Standard stereo receiver about that vintage and also 100 wpc. It was a heavy, and really cranked out the tunes when I was in college. $90 CONUS is a heck of a price for this integrated amp. Perfect to plug a smartphone in and crank a pair of Heresy's or KP-201's like yours.

• 2 weeks later...