Leisurely Saturday

babadono

Met with fellow member DavidH to audition his awesome 5.1 HT on this past Saturday. David has K402s with K1132(?) drivers doing midrange duty on the L/R mains. This was my first experience with 402s. Wow. How accurate they sound and how wide the soundstage. David also has MWM clone bass bins(built just like DTEL'S I believe) on the L/R mains. Again wow, how effortless the bass sounded. We spent a good deal of our time together in 2.1(at my urging) so I could really take in the 402s and MWMs. The .1 was a Danley DTS 20, another wow, what a beast. Since it was all music(no movies) that things real potential was not completely demonstrated.

David took some pictures of yours truly beside the Left main. I modeled my 70th Anniversary T. David's pix are from an Ipad, anyone feel free to rotate them please.

post-9700-0-47120000-1461623269.jpg

post-9700-0-58760000-1461623284.jpg

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4

Running three ways? Very nice!

Yes David is going 3 way. He has the QSC "minnie me" from Parts Express. Coupled to a Faital HF140 driver. Its all active crossover, separate amps, dialed in with REW. Even a separate amp channel for each of the 4 woofers in the MWM bass bins. Truly superb.. dare I say over the top.

• Moderators

Glad you liked them, they look good, like our blond cousins. 

I tried to rotate the pictures,TWICE,  if anything i screwed them up, now they won't blow up if you want just edit and put you pic's back on. Sorry about that  :(

Is that a lighter front edge or did he put the metal trim on his ?

Sorry about the pictures

Dang, I thought that was James Taylor.

Babadono, I didn't tell anyone, James. Your secret is safe with me... As far as I'm concerned you were just wonderful guest that appreciates quality sound. I don't care how famous you are, you are always welcome back.

• Like 1

Glad you liked them, they look good, like our blond cousins. 

I tried to rotate the pictures,TWICE,  if anything i screwed them up, now they won't blow up if you want just edit and put you pic's back on. Sorry about that  :(

Is that a lighter front edge or did he put the metal trim on his ?

Sorry about the pictures

Dtel, The trim is aluminum angle strips that kg4guy installed after he built them. It's kinda of a classy look.

• Moderators
Dtel, The trim is aluminum angle strips that kg4guy installed after he built them. It's kinda of a classy look.

Oh OK I didn't know or remember where they came from, they look nice. I thought about the trim when I built mine but trim was a whole other project and I was wanting to listen.  

Your room looks nice, looks like it's plenty big enough, I know how much space they take up, that's why I said that. if it fits like that it's a good size room.

I know that must sound good, I love the way they sound low and at any volume, they never seem to have a problem even when vibrating the house. It's like there just cruising along effortlessly.   

Ok  I love them. 

• Moderators
The room is 22.5' x 21.5" and everything just fits
'

That's within a couple of feet of the width of our room, so I know exactly what your saying, and you have so additional Belles in there also. That's like beauty and the beast  :D