Excellent cheap and easy banana plug

finallygotmyheresies

I've used pretty much every sub $20/ea banana plug option out there and I just recently found these on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Strike-Banana-7-Pair-Sewell-Direct/dp/B00VXQ972W?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

They are small but they are solid and have a very good feel to them.  If you are starting with bare wire these attach in seconds.  They have a very low profile. FYI I'm using them with 14ga wire. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a small, simple, good quality plug.

Edited by finallygotmyheresies
  • Like 2

Here a couple of other styles of banana plugs that you might want to consider giving a try and the reasons why I would recommend them.

Over a lot of years of trying many different banana connectors it has been my experience that the barrel stave variety develop the same two connection issues, that of poor connection between the stave and the main central pin (the staves are usually a compression fit) and that the staves go flat losing their spring tension which leads to the spades becoming loose in the jack. 

The style of banana plug shown in the link uses a heavy metal tube with a strong spring steel pin to force the tube into contact with the jack. These are head and shoulders the best banana plugs that I have ever used and I have NEVER had then go loose ever. I have found them to work flawlessly for decades. I know that Linn has also used these for decades. http://www.dem-uk.com/deltron-components/products/4mm_single_pole_connectors/

4mm Single Pole Connectors

I have included a photo showing how the Deltrton can be connected using a set screw ,crimping and by soldering on the provided tag.

the other style of banana which I have found to fit well and stay snug over time are the one's with the zigzag slit along the thin spring metal tube good ones. The only issue that I have found with these is that they are not as robust as the Deltron plugs and they can be broken if they are stressed say by tripping on the wire they can snap off at the base. They sound good and they work well and they do not coming lose. I have included a photo of those as well.

post-44375-0-89120000-1461635272_thumb.p

post-44375-0-54680000-1461635809_thumb.j

Edited by moray james

I don't want to burst your bubble but all of the barrel stave style plugs are just crap. The staves have/make lousy contact and then they go flat and start falling out. A waste of your cash. The style of banana plug shown in the link uses a heavy metal tube with a strong spring steel pin to force the tube in contact with the jack. These are head and shoulders the best banana plugs there are and they NEVER go loose. http://www.dem-uk.com/deltron-components/products/4mm_single_pole_connectors/

You are one of the reasons I stop using this forum Moray. You have no idea when to keep your mouth shut. Your response is unwelcomed and unneeded. Piss off old man

I don't want to burst your bubble but all of the barrel stave style plugs are just crap. The staves have/make lousy contact and then they go flat and start falling out. A waste of your cash. The style of banana plug shown in the link uses a heavy metal tube with a strong spring steel pin to force the tube in contact with the jack. These are head and shoulders the best banana plugs there are and they NEVER go loose. http://www.dem-uk.com/deltron-components/products/4mm_single_pole_connectors/

You are one of the reasons I stop using this forum Moray. You have no idea when to keep your mouth shut. Your response is unwelcomed and unneeded. Piss off old man

I think that you should have handled this in a PM, it's classless to openly rip someone. Your 594 post count DOES NOT entitle you to behave in such a manner

Mak

• Like 3

"Ladies and gentlemen, we...are...live! This is the main event of the evening.This is the moment you've all been waiting for.......and now introducing the champion. Fighting out of the red corner Moray,This man is a Boxer , a martial artist!!! And now Fighting out of the blue  corner we presenting he's opponent Finallygotmyheresies ,This is a Kick Boxer, a ju jitsu fighter.....   hahahahahaha  ciao from Italy...... fighters :-D

• Like 3

I think that you should have handled this in a PM, it's classless to openly rip someone. Your 594 post count DOES NOT entitle you to behave in such a manner

Mak

How many posts do I need to have before I can openly crap on someone's thread? Is 3,800 the right number?  I made a statement about my experience and I don't need anyone to tell me that I'm wrong. This is repeated behavior by Mr James.

Mak

How many posts do I need to have before I can openly crap on someone's thread? Is 3,800 the right number?  I made a statement about my experience and I don't need anyone to tell me that I'm wrong. This is repeated behavior by Mr James.

I don't understand why you are so upset. You expressed your opinion (which I happen to agree with as I use these for all my systems) and Moray expressed his opinion. Others also weighed in. I have learned a great deal from Moray, so if on this occasion we have a different opinion it is not of any consequence. Hell, these are banana plugs, not heart valve replacements.

Lighten up, enjoy life.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Mak

I'm assuming you still haven't read the Terms of Service.

Edited by moray james
  • Like 2

I have edited my post and I hope that you find that is more acceptable to you. It was not my intention that my post would be taken as an attack on yours. I only wanted to point out other plug option that you and others might find useful. I may have been blunt but I did not intend any personal attack on you. I am sorry if you felt that way.

• Like 4