FS: CigarBum's Kenwood KR-9400 receiver - repaired/cleaned

jwc

A beast.  You should google the specs.  Look how wide it is and how much it weighs.

Brought up on the variac.

All lights appear to work accept for one section pointed out (tuning meter -lol-).  The bulb looks easy to replace from the inside and the specs for it is labeled there.

Tuner works.  But the slider isn't moving.  The little plastic piece that was affixed to the tuner string is broken off.   The flywheel spins.  You would need to glue the string to the moving slider once you have the radio station dialed in to the correct spot.  I've done this a few times in the past.  NOTE:  the slider is now attached and working fine.  The FM tunes just fine. 

I did not check the phono.

This isn't a rusty unit.

No obvious scratchy knobs.   Channels even and this thing is powerful.  One of the biggest transformers I've seen in awhile.

Has a flaw in the wood on the left back and an unfortunate sctratch on the top front face plate. 

I had my iPod hooked to it and playing with no audible distortion.  Warm...powerful.

This beast pushing some KP-250's....you won't go past Number 1 on the volume dial.

I cleaned the knobs and switches.

Sold as is.  $180  $150 shipped.  Will cost me $60 I bet to ship.  Check to CigarBum.  PM me for details.

I may use packing peanuts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2geHgEn6MVs

Edited by jwc

Image 24.

look upclose.  the two black wires going in and out of the white plastic housing has the burned out bulb.  Pop it out and place new bulb.  The spec are written on the white plastic.

Piece of cake....right?  Yea right.

Or just leave the damn thing alone :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

for further clarification......

Cleaned switches and knobs and back panel with Caig's deoxit.

Repair is glueing the tuner slider to the flywheel string.  It had become unattached.

Listened to a couple of CD's and Tuner while fiddling with the knobs and switched.  No apparent issues.  Other notable points in first post.

I'm not a certified tech.

sold as is.