The Price Paid for Irrational Belief

Wolfbane

• Moderators

What a hugh surprise you posting this. You have this on the brain? Are you OCD by any chance.

What a hugh surprise you posting this. You have this on the brain? Are you OCD by any chance.

Yes, in civilized western states you are free to believe whatever you want for yourself... but not for (your) innocent babies, toddlers and children without the capacity to understand that you are gambling with their very lives. Indeed, what a huge surprise?

Sadly for these utter two fools they will also lose their two remaining children to the state at sentencing next month. 

Stupid parents, should not breed.

Or maybe their parents should not have let them live.

That was exactly what their did with their youngest child. Too bad for the child that he had to die in such a horrid manner to satisfy fool's belief's and egos.

That was exactly what their did with their youngest child. Too bad for the child that he had to die in such a horrid manner to satisfy fool's belief's and egos

My comment was directed at the child's grandparents if you follow the concept.  It has to start somewhere right?

That was exactly what their did with their youngest child. Too bad for the child that he had to die in such a horrid manner to satisfy fool's belief's and egos

My comment was directed at the child's grandparents if you follow the concept.  It has to start somewhere right?

Your comment, in this specific case, is dead on. The child's grandparent's still hawk the TrueHope Supplement Line and remain in business selling 'hope' to the desperate by the bottle.

I think of it as take this as a replacement for proper care and you'll have 'No Hope'.

Edited by Wolfbane
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Not a comment on the case just a question on the law ?

This is from one of the links, "The maximum penalty for failing to provide the necessaries of life is five years in prison."

What and who decides what is considered "necessaries" ?  Food, water, shelter in some cases, sure after that who decides.?  I would think the parents would come first, if they are the least bit competent, and who decides competency ? Does not wanting to vaccinate make them not competent, who's doing the judging ?

Overwhelmingly people would not think living in a jungle with nothing but a makeshift hut and a spear is acceptable, so if it's overwhelmingly accepted there is no reason to not forcible remove every person out of that kind of life if they want to or not. ..................It's only right if it's overwhelmingly accepted. 

Before anyone goes all whiny on me and say it's an innocent child or whatever excuse there is,..................... I am for vaccinations, our kids got them, I just have a little problem forcing someone. 

People die everyday including kids. They even starve to death at rates much higher than an occasional kid here and there because of no vaccination, sorry just sad facts, not everyone makes it.

Unfortunately smart or dumb sometimes it makes no difference, I'm always amazed how some have made it as long as they have.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

This is from one of the links, "The maximum penalty for failing to provide the necessaries of life is five years in prison."

What and who decides what is considered "necessaries" ?  Food, water, shelter in some cases, sure after that who decides.?  I would think the parents would come first, if they are the least bit competent, and who decides competency ? Does not wanting to vaccinate make them not competent, who's doing the judging ?

Necessities for life goes beyond food, water and shelter when you are critically ill and a toddler. Medical treatment in Canada is free to all.

Here the Crown Prosecutor determines whether the actions of the parents, or guardians, actions are/were criminal and files charges. In this case, the parents not only did not get their child vaccinated against the often deadly meningitis (HIB vaccine would have prevented this) they also failed to ensure that the child was taken to the ER for treatment for several days after it's initial onset. They decided to substitute homeopathic treatments - quote: "They treated him for 2½ weeks with remedies that included hot peppers, garlic, onions and horseradish and a product from a naturopathic doctor aimed at boosting his immune system" (quoted from here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/meningitis-trial-verdict-1.3552941).

The parent's/grandparent's family business is the sale of their 'TrueHope' suppliments.

Unsurprisingly, the were convicted at trial by judge and jury in a proceeding where they continued to play the 'we're being persecuted card'. Their supporting cast of fellow idiots reportedly sung hymns.

The medical report in this case is available online and is as damning, as it should be, where a preventable and horrific death of a toddler from a massively swollen brain occurs.

When your naturopath tells you to 'take your child to the ER immediately' it is often far too late.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/meningitis-trial-verdict-1.3552941

• Like 1

• Moderators

What and who decides what is considered "necessaries" ? Food, water, shelter in some cases, sure after that who decides.? I would think the parents would come first, if they are the least bit competent, and who decides competency ? Does not wanting to vaccinate make them not competent, who's doing the judging ?

Overwhelmingly people would not think living in a jungle with nothing but a makeshift hut and a spear is acceptable, so if it's overwhelmingly accepted there is no reason to not forcible remove every person out of that kind of life if they want to or not. ..................It's only right if it's overwhelmingly accepted.

Before anyone goes all whiny on me and say it's an innocent child or whatever excuse there is,..................... I am for vaccinations, our kids got them, I just have a little problem forcing someone.

People die everyday including kids. They even starve to death at rates much higher than an occasional kid here and there because of no vaccination, sorry just sad facts, not everyone makes it.

Unfortunately smart or dumb sometimes it makes no difference, I'm always amazed how some have made it as long as they have.

It goes state by state for religious or philosophical differences. Here is anlink to see who does what, place to avoid.

http://www.cdc.gov/phlp/publications/topic/vaccinations.html

• Moderators

The National Vaccination Center also has information state by atate.

Here is a link to their site describing the new California law which removes all exemptions for the required vaccinations.

The twist in California is that a child A over 12 years of age can get vaccinated for STDs WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT.

HPV is not a required vaccination in most states, or maybe any states.

That is a real issue.

http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/california.aspx

Edited by dwilawyer