Yamaha BX-1 Mono's.... I MUST BE CRAZY!

paul79

• 11 months later...

How did the rebuild turn out on the BX-1's.....I have a set also that needs to be refurbished. I took one of the two

amp to ABL electronics in Madison Hts.,Michigan and they said there was a bridge rectifier they couldn't replace

and there other amp was running the last time i used it. They worked for many yrs bought them in 85 and ran til

2014. Seen this thread and am wondering how the refurbished amps turned out. They powered my JBL L250's

as good as the Mark Levinson 334 that were in the audio studio that i tested. Was wondering if they are worth the

work  

• 1 month later...

Paul,  Just ran across this topic. I also have a pair of BX-1's. Unfortunately one of them does not work. It turns on but the protection light stays on and no power getting to the power transistors because it never generates any heat. All the fuses are good. (I have taken it apart enough to examine the insides with the help of the schematics but beyond what I have described I'm at a total Loss. Didn't know if you would be interested in tackling a project like this or not. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Bruce Haines