Soundbar help needed for a friend

Pete H

Good Evening!  I just got back from a friends home (really close friends of Denise) and the built their home in the early 90's and paid a fortune to have a Bose surround and multi zone speaker system run through the home, but they have moved the T.V. from the location that it was all installed for and it's a 2 story with the L&R cubes and the L&R surrounds mounted in the ceiling and totally in the wrong place.  To top it all off, the T.V. is now in the worst location is could be in relation to those speakers and no room at all for anything, other than a decent soundbar.  Good thing is, they don't care, don't really do anything with surround and use all of the built ins for background noise when they are outside or having a party, they just want something that is small, not going to break the bank and sounds better than the T.V. speakers. 

I have never owned, or listened to a soundbar so I know this is the right application, just need to hear from people that own them, along with better surround equipment so they can give me real world advice as to where I should steer them.

Thanks everyone!

We have one of Klipsch's new sound bars sitting underneath a flat screen.  This is the family room and we decided trying the surround is more Headache than it is worth.  Looks cluttered tooo.  Does it really matter....no. 

It is so easy to setup.  Powers on when the tv is turned on.  Wireless.  Very good sound for TV and movies.  Kids like it.  Easy to control.  Sounds wayyyyyyyy better than the TV speakers.  Can even jam the satellite music channels.

It is no HT surround and all that stuff.  We save all that energy and high expectations for the HT room.

jc

• Like 2

I will also vouch for soundbars. They are way better than the TV speakers, and are perfect for impossible rooms and at the same time are seamless. I installed the Klipsch R-10 in my parent's home. You can read my review on the Klipsch site for that soundbar if you want. 

• Like 1