W.T.T. JBL L100t for bookshelf speakers

The Dude

I have a pair of JBL L100ts that I have scored for nothing.  The veneer is peeling away and the base needs replaced.  However the rest of the cabinet is solid and all drivers/components are in good shape and working.  My thought was I may be able to sell the components for $300-$400l  I would rather give them to a friend of mine in Seattle.  However they are to large for me to ship to him, along with them being to large for his tiny apartment.  My next thought is maybe someone has a small pair of bookshelf speakers they would like to trade me.  I was thinking something  from either the Reference line, or even Heresies. They don't have to be Klipsch, but they can't be Bose.  They would have to have a wood grain pattern and be in fairly decent shape, grills are not necessary. 

Maybe I am asking to much, maybe not.  I guess I could always try and sell locally or the components and take the money and purchase a pair of speakers for him.

P.M. if interested.

I will try and post pics this evening. 

Edited by The Dude

My next thought is maybe someone has a small pair of bookshelf speakers they would like to trade me. I was thinking something from either the Reference line, or even Heresies. They don't have to be Klipsch, but they can't be Bose. They would

If they don't have to be Klipsch and you want something affordable, these are pretty nice.  A bit of a drive though.

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/ele/5544931440.html

Bill

• Like 2

My next thought is maybe someone has a small pair of bookshelf speakers they would like to trade me. I was thinking something from either the Reference line, or even Heresies. They don't have to be Klipsch, but they can't be Bose. They would

If they don't have to be Klipsch and you want something affordable, these are pretty nice.  A bit of a drive though.

Bill

I bet those sound nice.  About a 2 hour drive for me, if I could sell the JBL's those would be an option.   Just out of curiosity, how did you come across those?  I should ask, how did you come up with your search criteria?   I never know what to search for, I guess I could start with bookshelf speaker within so many miles.

Just out of curiosity, how did you come across those? I should ask, how did you come up with your search criteria? I never know what to search for, I guess I could start with bookshelf speaker within so many miles.

Of course I started with Klipsch in my search and then moved on to other speaker mfr's.

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Bill

I tried for those...gone