RB-35 speakers - looking for an ideal amp?

loubot75

Had the RB-35 book shelf speakers for a while now and absolutely in love with them. 

I'm running them through a DENON AVR-891 AV receiver (inherited from brother) and while sufficient I feel this amp just doesn't bring out their potential. The other requirement for the amp is something much smaller and streamline\ low profile but with enough wattage to run these speakers without a sweat since I don't need a big chunky unit with dozens of ports that Ill never use. 

Any advice? 

PS ive heard Rotel or McIntosh are a good possible fit and welcome any reinforcement or advice :) 

I had my KSB 3.1's paired with an Emotiva UPA-2. Great amp that sounds fantastic and won't break your budget. There are quite a few entry level Emotiva amps on the way as they get ready to launch new lines and most are destined to be great bang for the buck.

Tim

he other requirement for the amp is something much smaller and streamline\ low profile but with enough wattage to run these speakers without a sweat since I don't need a big chunky unit with dozens of ports that Ill never use.    Any advice? 

Low profile with plenty of watts, here you go.

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/camb651abla/cambridge-audio-azur-651a-premium-integrated-amplifier-new/1.html

I drove my RB-35's(and RB-75's) with the Cambridge Audio 640A v2 and it had no problem driving either one of them.

Or this which can be upgraded with a DAC module and plenty of guts to drive your 35's.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/solid-state-nad-c-356bee-c356bee-integrated-amplifier-with-warranty-and-free-shipping-2016-04-24-integrateds-01060-florence-ma

Bill

Edited by willland