Calling all Bass Heads

Superdave

If you are just bored with your system and looking for an upgrade you may want to invest in some Klipschorns, La Scala;s or some of the larger cinema series mains and surrounds. no better bang for the buck if you are truly interested in better sound,

Agreed.   Superdaves room is begging for 5 La Scalas, or a K-horn, LS combo, OR 5 just Jubs. will do it.  :)

All I could think of when I read "bass head" was something having to do with this...I am disappoint...

Largemouth_bass-600.jpg

LOL

Personally I was thinking this:

I will def play this when I get back in town!

Throw this on too, most ridiculous bass I have ever head (it killed my original MWF 15 Driver):

:D

Do any of you remember this hit from MTV?

• Like 1

Anyone know where to get some SI D4 18's? I know Scrappy has 10 of them. Will he part, prolly not!

even though scrappy just finished his build for the two spares he has he might part with them. They kind of hinder building bigger mains if he ever went that route.
  • Like 1

Anyone know where to get some SI D4 18's? I know Scrappy has 10 of them. Will he part, prolly not!

even though scrappy just finished his build for the two spares he has he might part with them. They kind of hinder building bigger mains if he ever went that route.

You were thinking of getting 10 drivers for 10 subs: how many did you build?  Next month at a gtg, we will have some Fusion 8. RF 7 II, Golden Ear Tritons, Jtr and some other speakers to demo.  It should be be fun comparing some of the DIY speakers to some nice commercial speakers.

Have you measured? Just wondering what the performance is right now. I thought you were just pulling a Scrappy and liked to collect subs, don't remember you saying you were particularly unhappy with what you've got now.

Y'all might think I'm crazy but the bass is awesome already!! I'm very pleased with the output. I get bored and want to add more. Some might think that I have lost it, lol! Will it ever be enough? 6 subs just seems to be an odd number even though it's not.

If you just like to continually get new gear and spend money on it, ditch those iNukes and graduate to SpeakerPower. Performance wise you'll probably notice more doing that than adding another sub or two.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

His subs can't get any louder if the I Nuke is delivering enough power.  I know you changed amp but, Mark Seaton also EQ the system.

Inukes can't put out full power at 5-10 hz for 6 seconds straight. If they did, you wouldn't have to modify the input signal chain inside the amp with upgraded capacitors just to get them to be flat. There would be no market for speakerpower or bossobass amps.

Metro the UM 18 and SI HT can't put out 5 or 6 Hz either with any ump.  People getting into the single digits are counting on room gain is small HT.  Most movies will not ask an amp to put out that low of Hz for that long.  The is a market for for speakerpower and other more boutique amps. The can be used with high excursion driver and aggressive DSP, such as,  HS filter to employ LT, PEQ boost below 15 Hz, ect., to get the most out of those driver.  For example, you can boost down low and not run out of excursion and headroom.

SuperDave, you are lucky to do eight 18's on 2 amps.  I wish I knew what I do now.  I have ten 18's and shakers powered by seven I Nuke DSP amp.  I just talked to a guy about get a V.B.B.S subs/mid bass modules.

Edited by derrickdj1
  • Like 1

JTR just posted this new sub, the Cap 4000 ULF.  Basically a double Cap 1400 in the same box tuned to 10 Hz.  An HS filter can be used to set the tune to 10 Hz and aggressive DSP to bring the level back up.  The Speakerpower amp is perfect for something like this.

Jeff is bringing this sub to our GTG next month.  I waitto see how this compares to the Stone Hammer sub.  The Stone Hammer is an SI HT 18,...........20 cu ft. vented box.  Four subs total in an array behind the AT screen.  These subs had my pants legs flapping 20 ft. from the movie screen.

post-50685-0-24360000-1462072149_thumb.j

• Like 1

Metro the UM 18 and SI HT can't put out 5 or 6 Hz either with any ump.  People getting into the single digits are counting on room gain is small HT.  Most movies will not ask an amp to put out that low of Hz for that long.  The is a market for for speakerpower and other more boutique amps. The can be used with high excursion driver and aggressive DSP, such as,  HS filter to employ LT, PEQ boost below 15 Hz, ect., to get the most out of those driver.  For example, you can boost down low and not run out of excursion and headroom.

It starts wimping out well before that point.  Look at the graphs below, a SpeakerPower would be closer to the blue line in terms of flatness as well as having other benefits.  A stock iNuke is the green one.  The difference in the rolloff alone is like doubling/halving your power at 17 hz.  

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/456-inuke-6000dsp-filter-mod-guide-for-less-low-frequency-rolloff/

6000_DSP_filtermod_REW_loopback_measurem

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Metro the UM 18 and SI HT can't put out 5 or 6 Hz either with any ump. People getting into the single digits are counting on room gain is small HT. Most movies will not ask an amp to put out that low of Hz for that long. The is a market for for speakerpower and other more boutique amps. The can be used with high excursion driver and aggressive DSP, such as, HS filter to employ LT, PEQ boost below 15 Hz, ect., to get the most out of those driver. For example, you can boost down low and not run out of excursion and headroom.

It starts wimping out well before that point. Look at the graphs below, a SpeakerPower would be closer to the blue line in terms of flatness as well as having other benefits. A stock iNuke is the green one. The difference in the rolloff alone is like doubling/halving your power at 17 hz.

http://data-bass.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/456-inuke-6000dsp-filter-mod-guide-for-less-low-frequency-rolloff/

6000_DSP_filtermod_REW_loopback_measurem

i get so tired of hearing about how inukes suck below 20hz. Mine have plenty of power to shake the heck out of my room.
  • Like 2

If you just like to continually get new gear and spend money on it, ditch those iNukes and graduate to SpeakerPower. Performance wise you'll probably notice more doing that than adding another sub or two.
Those amps are way out of my price range.