HBO Now?

Wolfbane

I get HBO.GO with my television subscription. Allows me to watch shows when on the road.

Dropping a tier would take that option away. I see like netflix and amazon prime you can now purchase hbo now access by the month. 

Anyone here a hbo now subscriber? Like or dislike it?

I have it and would say I like it. It does get repetitive sometimes. I get 6 HBO channels for $11 a month, through Comcast. They always seem to have a good series, I still watch the Sopranos (maybe the best series ever IMO) The current series I watch there is Vinyl.

Edit, sorry I just saw HBO, and didn't see the NOW part, I have standard cable HBO, not HBO Now.

Edited by Ceptorman

• Moderators

I get HBO.GO with my television subscription. Allows me to watch shows when on the road.

Dropping a tier would take that option away. I see like netflix and amazon prime you can now purchase hbo now access by the month.

Anyone here a hbo now subscriber? Like or dislike it?

We like it, it has more features and selection than HBO on demand. We watch more HBO through the Apple TV box than we do on HBO channel.

Love it. 

Cut the cord a few years ago and haven't looked back (except when the NFL playoffs are on, we can't get Fox which is lame).

NOW is great. You get all the series when they air, so you don't have to wait an extra day like Walking Dead on Apple. Plus, I went back and watch some good series I wasn't really into when they were on air like early Sopranos, The Wire. 

I have it and would say I like it. It does get repetitive sometimes. I get 6 HBO channels for $11 a month, through Comcast. They always seem to have a good series, I still watch the Sopranos (maybe the best series ever IMO) The current series I watch there is Vinyl.

Edit, sorry I just saw HBO, and didn't see the NOW part, I have standard cable HBO, not HBO Now.

If you like the Sopranos you should check out Breaking Bad - but only if you have a strong heart, it's that intense!

• Like 1

If you like the Sopranos you should check out Breaking Bad - but only if you have a strong heart, it's that intense!

Yep….I've watched the BB series 2-3 times, just an awesome show. The BB spinoff of Better Call Saul is almost as good as BB.

I have Netflix, Amazon, Amazon Showtime, and VuDu. There is some overlap, but for the most part Netflix is the most used, Amazon gets the least, but the Amazon Showtime part gets a lot, and I use VuDu is my go to for new releases. 

In Jan 2017, CBS will start running a new Star Trek series. In the Fall, Amazon Prime is scheduled to release The new Top Gear now known as #TheSTILLVeryMuchEntitledClarksonHammondMayAmazonPrimeShowComingAutumn2016. 

Love HBO.GO as I can watch what I want on my own schedule. Missed most of the good series they've run over the years of a too busy work schedule. Never seen a Sapranno episode to this day.

The Sopranos is a very well made series. I saw an interview with an actual mob gangster, he said The Soprano series was the closest show to the real thing he had seen. 

I've only watched one episode of Breaking Bad, and never seen the Sopranos...

However, the wife and I started watching Flashpoint on Netflix and were hooked on the first episode. From the get go, it seemed like a few episodes had already aired, in the sense that every one of the cast is really good... I mean REALLY good. Superb interpersonal relationships, and tons of variety and action.We're partway through season 4.

Bruce