Belles in Minnesota

JoeDirt

Well photographed. They look very nice.

Nevertheless, it's amusing the way Klipsch speakers are frequently described.

"Classic pair of vintage KLIPSCH "Belle" speakers.... These are rare, they are in good condition and have a BIG sound!....some small dings and scratches.....but nothing unusual for their age(1970's). ~ Cash,$ 1,500.00 /pair (firm)..it is a fair price if you shop around....! They sound awesome. Paul Klipsch named these after his wife, "Belle". These are highly sought after by audiophiles worldwide!"

IMO, if you aren't already familiar with Belles, text such as the above is unlikely to persuade you to part with $1,500.

Edited by DizRotus

Almost any 30 year old x over is going to need some work. The AB is ok but once I replaced mine, there was a noticeable improvement. At $1500 these are still a very good deal. Do the upgrade when you can. Most would recommend replacing the AB and not just do the caps but it can still be done for a reasonable price (or a ridiculous price if you choose to go that route). The new x overs will last you another 30 years so why not start that process now. Heck, I don't even buy green bananas, I'm not big on waiting.

• Like 1