Subwoofer recommendation for Palladium setup.

felitopaz

Yeah setup was frustrating. I had mine delivered in winter, so it was really cold out of the box. The controls didn't work until the following day (warmed up). Temp definitely affects the controls. And I agree. The remote is idiotic.

Mine worked perfect. I never tried the remote. But I agree the whole setup is kind of lame. Sure does look nice though. That's why I let mine go and went with a different sub that I felt was on par sound quality that wasn't as much money.

After doing serious research I am stuck between these two Subs. Reaction Audio Gamma 18 1400 W and the Power Sound Audio S30001 Dual 15" Drivers 1700 W. Ice Power Amp.

This is the biggest enclosure I am willing to live with.

Your thoughts please.

Edited by felitopaz

Get the one made here in the USA so you're not supporting some communist sweat shop.

Like most of our computers, SMART phones, and TV's? :unsure:  ;)  :D

Bill

Edited by willland
  • Like 1

Get the one made here in the USA so you're not supporting some communist sweat shop.

Bill

If people avoided buying imported stuff in the first place we would have more manufacturing and more available jobs here in the United states.

Not trying to be political but its common sense, keep Americans working.

• Like 1

Bill

If people avoided buying imported stuff in the first place we would have more manufacturing and more available jobs here in the United states.

Not trying to be political but its common sense, keep Americans working.

I am just playing.  It is obvious that we can't completely buy all American all of the time.  I also try when I can.

Bill

• Like 3

I have been listening a few hrs now in 6 channel mode. SACD and I find these speakers fatiguing to the point they hurt my ears. I think I may have made a mistake getting rid of the DeanG 7's.

Are you referring to your P-37's being fatiguing?  I am loving mine.  Prior to the P-37s, I had KLF-20's (stock).  I have a wall about 3 feet behind the listening position and reflections off that wall were a problem I might describe a fatiguing.  I put a couple sound absorbing panels and it helped me a lot.  The problem was improved with the KLF's and later, when I switched to the P-37's, they are not fatiguing to me (in my room) at all.  Way better than the KLF's in every respect. I also use the Audessey reference calibration which attenuates the highs a bit as well. This combination is working well for me.

• Like 1