The new KPT-1515/Cinema Grandeur

DMH

I was getting quotes from Cinema dealers on the cost of a new set of Jubilees and one of them said he needed to hold off because the Klipsch factory is revising the cost of the Jubilee because they have made some major internal changes this month? No other information was given. I thought it was odd to not give me a quote, since when do salesmen not sell? Then I found the updated web site.

http://www.klipsch.com/pro/cinema/behind-the-screen

http://e994010f48279d85b5d7-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.r57.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/KPT-Cinema-Grandeur-Data-Sheet-v01.pdf

This is interesting; "The new KPT-1515 low frequency enclosure has been redesigned and affords the same frequency response as the KPT-MWM-LF, but is almost 1/3 shallower – making the Cinema Grandeur much more versatile in installations where space is limited.

Edited by DavidH

That's a big bass bin - like the MWM in width, and much wider than a Jubilee bass bin - which is just the same width of a K-402/K-305 horn.

The horizontal distance between the bass bin mouths is about double that of a Jubilee bass bin...

Thanks for the heads up.

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1

How cool is that!!

Go Roy Go!

As a side comment, relative to the Jubilee...  I wonder if this would allow residential use as a 2-way?  One of the goals of the Jubilee was to take it back to a 2-way speaker.  I think that was one of the reasons they used two 12" drivers.  Looks like this has two 15" drivers which I think reduces the crossover point (?)

Regardless, it looks nice and looks easier to wrestle than the MWM cabinets.

I wonder if this would allow residential use as a 2-way?

I think this bass bin design is going the wrong direction for that approach - it's going for a longer horn path and wider spacing of the two horn mouths - both of which drive the desired crossover point with the KPT-305s KPT-308s downward in frequency.

Chris

Edited by Chris A
  • Like 1

Klipsch factory is revising the cost of the Jubilee because they have made some major internal changes this month

I know I am being skeptical, but this makes me feel they are looking for  reason to jack up the price.  If someone cough Chiefbonehead cough would come out and say, yes we are making it more appealing for the home user and more affordable.  Then I wouldn't be so skeptical.

Though that new design may be cool, it is almost 3 feet wider than a Jubilee.  I hope they don't do away with the Jubilee, I guess if its not moving than they need to dump product that is dragging them down.

Ugh, these things make me nervous. 

I think this bass bin design is going the wrong direction for that approach

I agree

Maybe they finally ran out of K31's?

Edited by The Dude

My money says this is an addition to the line, not a replacement for the Jubilee

I agree on that, it was the statement made the op about the cinema dealer stating the redesign which will change the cost.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Cool but not designed as a jubilee replacement. It is a KPT-1802 with different baffle to house 2 15"s instead of single 18".

It will replace the MWM if anything.

The literature recommended pairing it WITH an 1802.

I don't get it. I get frequent emails from Klipsch about sales, headphones, t-shirts, reference line, palladium line, bookshelf....

But no new pro Klipsch stuff.

I'm appalled!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...