K 77 repair info needed

I have looked at B Crites repair sequence and a youtube video. I think K77 tweeter repair is within my skill set comfort zone. Is it wise to replace both at the same time even if only one is broken and is the SimplySpeakers the right part to get or are there choices. Thx.

If you were to use the SImplyspeakers, I would do both.  However, I have heard that the simplyspeakers aren't as good as the originals.  You can call Nels at Rainbow recording here in Omaha, 402-554-0123.  He may still have some NOS he might be willing to let go of, he may just ask a good price for them. If you can get an original from him, you would be fine with just replacing the one.   If I ran into a situation today needing to repair or replace one of my k77s, I would look up Fastlane Audio. 

Run you about $155 from ALK

I would only trust the replacement diaphragms from Bob Crites. He is, IMO, pickier than Simply Speakers, or any other source. I know Bob will send a quality replacement, my confidence would not be the same with any other source.

Edited by DizRotus

Unless you can find some new old stock diaphragms you should not even bother trying to get the K-77 back in working order.

All the Simplyspeaker, Ebay and other aftermarket ones are junk.

The above suggestions of Dave's Fastlane and Bob Crites are great, there are others as well but not going to fit in your stock cabinet configuration.