deal of the day $900 K-HORNS Ebay buy it now

prerich

LOL. It was me who clicked Buy now; however, since I really didn't have anywhere to put them, Dave (wvu80) bought them. We had a nice road trip. The guy who sold them was awesome. We turned around In John Kasich's driveway since I passed the sellers house by accident. It was that stupid lady in the GPS's fault. Yes, the seller lives 4 houses away from him.   :)

Here they are in their new home:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/135353-what-i-got-today/?p=2015442

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 5

Things happened fast on this deal!

Craig actually snagged them on the Buy It Now.  Shortly thereafter he not only passed them along to me, he actually drove me up there, helped me move them, then came to my house and plugged them in for me.

Now THAT'S what I call a good seller!  :emotion-21:

And a good friend.  :emotion-22: 

• Like 2

The finish is a 9/10.  These are in fantastic shape, really clean.  The AA crossovers have zero corrosion, not even dust.

The serial number letter "S" indicates a birth year 1978.  The TYPE is KC-BB, I don't know what that means.  Is the BB "Baltic Birch?

Now I can breathe and stop holding the secret of the transaction!!!! I wish I wasn't distracted by those decorators.....thought I'd save myself a few hundred - oh well.....Patience....patience.... B)  :ph34r:  B)

Yeah, it's funny how things turned out.  Mustang Guy ended up making a decision that ended up affecting MY life in a significant way.  I certainly consider have Khorns in my living room a significant upgrade to the quality of my audio life.

But there are other decisions NOT made that did the same thing.  Prerich might have made other decisions in the heat of the moment that could have resulted in HIM ending up with those particular fantastic Khorns.

"These are the days of our lives, As The World Turns.

Klipsch Forum style.  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

I've done just a bit more critical listening today.  The Khorns are really good for 2-channel because of the way they image and the wide sound stage.

For movies I don't like them as well because of the same reason I like them for 2.0 2-channel, they throw the sound to the outside.  For movies I like the sound to come from the inside out (just to the edge of the TV on each side).  That is not a failure of the Khorns, that is a general speaker setup issue.

In my asymmetrical living room that will probably not get resolved because my TV space is just not conducive to speakers on each side of the TV.

To be honest, they are not better or worse than the La Scala, they are just different in terms of the needs of the room.  The LS sound fantastic, and I probably like they way they sound for a specific reason, I like the horn sound, horn as in brass instruments.  The LS's can be placed anywhere, and the Khorns must have a corner.  Not better or worse, just different.

I think if I had different electronics they would sound better as well, because I am driving these off of an Onkyo 7.2 AVR.  All those people who like tube amps are NOT crazy.

The wife hasn't seen them yet, so unless I get vetoed, the Khorns will stay.  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Now I can breathe and stop holding the secret of the transaction!!!! I wish I wasn't distracted by those decorators.....thought I'd save myself a few hundred - oh well.....Patience....patience.... B)  :ph34r:  B)

Yeah, it's funny how things turned out.  Mustang Guy ended up making a decision that ended up affecting MY life in a significant way.  I certainly consider have Khorns in my living room a significant upgrade to the quality of my audio life.

But there are other decisions NOT made that did the same thing.  Prerich might have made other decisions in the heat of the moment that could have resulted in HIM ending up with those particular fantastic Khorns.

"These are the days of our lives, As The World Turns.

Klipsch Forum style.  B)

Yep!!!!! You know how close I was to not putting those up in the Alerts?  However I thought about how much I've been aided by the alerts (B&K 200.7 and Vertical Cornwall and I think one other piece) and the possibility of getting decorators for $500....yep decisions :)  

I hope nobody is so upset they end up in the General Hospital

Naw - it's all good :D  I had my chance and almost pressed that button...until I saw the decorators ending in a few hours with very little action on them. Ya snooze ya lose 

I've done just a bit more critical listening today.  The Khorns are really good for 2-channel because of the way they image and the wide sound stage.

For movies I don't like them as well because of the same reason I like them for 2.0 2-channel, they throw the sound to the outside.  For movies I like the sound to come from the inside out (just to the outside of the TV on each side).  That is not a failure of the Khorns, that is a general speaker setup issue.

In my asymmetrical living room that will probably not get resolved because my TV space is just not conducive to speakers on each side of the TV.

To be honest, they are not better or worse than the La Scala, they are just different in terms of the needs of the room.  The LS sound fantastic, and I probably like they way they sound for a specific reason, I like the horn sound, horn as in brass instruments.  The LS's can be placed anywhere, and the Khorns must have a corner.  Not better or worse, just different.

I think if I had different electronics they would sound better as well, because I am driving these off of an Onkyo 7.2 AVR.  All those people who like tube amps are NOT crazy.

The wife hasn't seen them yet, so unless I get vetoed, the Khorns will stay.  B)

Patience.....patience.....(just kidding).  

• Like 1

I never actually saw the alert. My strategy may be similar to yours. I type Klipsch in search on Ebay. I then click that I want to see Buy it Now only. I then sort by New Listings. The good stuff will be at the top if there is any. By the time I saw it, it had been viewed 35 times I think and there were 5 watchers. I did a real quick check on the seller and made sure there were actually a pair (I saw the sequential S/N's). It was then that I clicked buy it now. I was fully ready to use them somewhere, but I haven't got a single room in any of my places that have 2 corners in the same room. Dave had them, and he had to solve a problem with WAF. Hopefully this works out for him. I thought they looked fantastic in the room.

• Like 1

Dave had them, and he had to solve a problem with WAF. Hopefully this works out for him. I thought they looked fantastic in the room.

My concerns with the WAF is NOT to be taken lightly!  Getting the aesthetics right is important in the living room if I want to keep the Khorns.

I like to think I've got a pretty good eye and ear for setting things up.  In just a few minutes Craig came in made several suggestions that instantly made sense to me, and solved some problems I just couldn't figure out.

FYI Craig, I moved that Klipsch sub from the coffee table on the side to behind the couch along the wall as you suggested.  It fit perfectly, just as you thought it might. 

That solved at least two problems for me.  I will run the cable under the floor and there won't be any visible wires from the AVR.  I am really pleased with the solution to the sub problem.  With my space limitations I just thought I would have to forego the sub.  Now I have clean solution that will sound good as well.

• Like 1

<snip>

For movies I don't like them as well because of the same reason I like them for 2.0 2-channel, they throw the sound to the outside.  For movies I like the sound to come from the inside out (just to the edge of the TV on each side). <snip>

I want the sound coming from the TV area too. I run one Belle as a center to the Khorn and that's all it needs, for me. Having the Khorn and the Belle center fills the area with sound rather than the sides OR center. 

• Like 1