Which AVR Denon 6200W ,Pioneer Sc-97,Marantz 7010

Fracchia23

Hi guys i would know which is the best AVR between those for the klipsch reference series with the RP-280FA and other 2 Atmos Speakers for a 5.1.4 and 7.1.4 .... Movies 90% / Music 10%

Edited by Fracchia23

I would get the Pioneer for the Class-D amplification which will do better running that many speakers.  

I think you'll still need to add an external two channel amp for a 7.1.4 setup.

Sir the 95-97-99 dont drive the 5.1.4 or 5.2.4 ..... :-(

I would get the Pioneer for the Class-D amplification which will do better running that many speakers.  

Elite SC-97 integrates Dolby’s groundbreaking surround technology and is compatible with 7.2 4ch*, 9.2 2ch*, 7.2 2ch and 5.2 4ch, configurations for Dolby Atmos.  This is from Pioneer.  I would also recommend the Pioneer Elite but, I admit my bias.  I am sure the other avr's are fine also.

Edited by derrickdj1

Elite SC-97 integrates Dolby’s groundbreaking surround technology and is compatible with 7.2 4ch*, 9.2 2ch*, 7.2 2ch and 5.2 4ch, configurations for Dolby Atmos.  This is from Pioneer.  I would also recommend the Pioneer Elite but, I admit my bias.  I am sure the other avr's are fine also.

I think in Italy we don t have already the sc-97 maybe i made a mistake asking about the 97

I can't speak on the SC-97 but I am smitten with the SC-95 I picked up a few weeks ago.

I have also owned a couple of Marantz receivers and they are also nice, I am just a Pioneer Elite guy.

Made in Malaysia, China or Japan. Take your pick :)    Seriously, shops the features and specs. Look for bench tests on these models.  All good brands you have listed, just do your own research and don't fall for the cheerleader section as everyone loves what they own.

• Like 1

Made in Malaysia, China or Japan. Take your pick :)    Seriously, shops the features and specs. Look for bench tests on these models.  All good brands you have listed, just do your own research and don't fall for the cheerleader section as everyone loves what they own.

I would agree that most recommend what they own so the comment I will make is that I personally found that the Marantz AVR I owned sounded better to me musically than the Onkyo's that I own, for what that's worth.

Just so no one takes offense to my comment, I love what I own too and I have been buying the same brand since the early 80's, but to not consider models from other brands is selling yourself short. I like MADE IN JAPAN.   Having said that, I think its more important to buy one of the upper model AVR's with higher quality internals which many don't have.    The majority of the lower and mid line does what it says, but will not satisfy most enthusiasts.  There are countless threads where people are complaining of a 5 channel or 7 channel setup and they're pushing it all with a $299 AVR wondering what is wrong.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think you will like it. I've had mine for awhile now. I've been running 7.2.2 and it works great. I hooked up another receiver to experiment with 7.2.4 and it's so cool. I highly recommend watching Roger Waters The Wall for an amazing atmos experience.

One thing to consider, IF you have the opportunity, is to use the remote to surf thru the menus and see how intuitive it is. I have had some AVRs / Pre-Pros where the menu is hard to navigate. Not discounting sound but all things being somewhat equal.........

Example: manual channel test tone master volume is not adjustable. I would like to have the first speaker (Front Left) set to zero dB on AVR/Pre at whatever level, say 85 dB. If you have efficient speakers, my Belle FL speaker is already trimmed down. With adjustable master volume I can set that front left at zero trim @ 85dB and then set the others. Becomes important when the surrounds or rears are not as efficient.

There are countless threads where people are complaining of a 5 channel or 7 channel setup and they're pushing it all with a $299 AVR wondering what is wrong.  

What sucks though is that just because you get an expensive receiver, it doesn't automatically mean that the amps and power supply in it are head and shoulders better.  Best case scenario and not counting high end Denon or old Yamaha models, you might get an extra 1-2 db of clean output with a pretty high end receiver vs. a pretty cheap entry level one.  I have a $299 Sony that is currently running some KL-650's but I've had my Marantz SR-7009 on the same speakers.  There's just not much difference in terms of power output or sound quality.  Usually with the nicer receivers you get a lot more features but marginally better amps.