70th Anniversary Klipschorn Available NOW!

Alex L

You weren't jokin' Capt. Those are swweeet! Are they your first KHorns?

Thanks richieb.

They are my third pair of Khorns.

My dealer took my last pair in trade towards the 70th Khorns. He already had them sold before my 70th showed up. He picked them up today when he delivered mine and then delivered them to a new home.

Edited by Capt.Chaos

The pictures don't do justice to the speakers. The poor lighting in the man cave doesn't help either.

Awesome. These Khorns look outstanding!! I absolutely love the 70th look that Klipsch went with. If this were 7 years from now and my military service time was over, I'd have put the money up to match these with the 70th Heresy's, but I still have several more moves across the country (maybe across the globe) and I just can't justify another speaker purchase. I will hope to find some of these years from now on the secondary market.

Enjoy 'em, Capt!

• Like 1

What makes these speakers so expensive? I've never heard them, so is it just the nostalgic "look and sound" of these that make them sought after? Or is the sound that much better than any new design they are currently producing?

Final pricing to the end buyer, only has ONE mandate. To cover all expenses, and "some" "profit"

But that is only the minimum.

From that minimum, most goods are priced at a level that will as end result sell the item in a reasonable time when exposed well to the potential market.

The price set by the seller of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING , speakers, cars, hair care and cosmetics, illegal drugs, legal prescribed drugs,  even Real Estate --  Is all about benefit and perceived value by the market.

Past expenses being covered,  the price can be ANYTHING, "what the market will bear"

Much of this involves the ego of the buyer.

Look at the  (in my opinion stupid) "designer" clothes, usually have logo prominently displayed, so the Jones'es can see you paid $20 ea for frickin underwear.

Look at any "High End or Luxury" product to see this.

Lars

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice speakers. Have an odd question though. Why 70th? What happened to anniversary products being promoted on every 25th year? Seems an odd year to celebrate an anniversary product. But then again my thinking could be backwards and just the opposite could be said.I guess I better start saving.

I have seen those at the factory being built. I would sell all my speakers to get a pair of those. I think KLIPSCH started at the 50th anniversary pair. The HERSEY ones are real nice also but I can not afford any of them. I have bought new speakers I have bought 1980 LaScalas and a pair of RB-35s brand NEW. Back in the 80s stereo shops were still around and the one I got my Scalas from. They delivered and set them up checked for operation and helped me clean up the mess. Never get that now I bet.

Very nice speakers. Have an odd question though. Why 70th? What happened to anniversary products being promoted on every 25th year? Seems an odd year to celebrate an anniversary product. But then again my thinking could be backwards and just the opposite could be said.I guess I better start saving.

That's a good question. Why not wait 5 years for the 75th?

They did make a 60th anniversary pair, maybe they wanted to keep it in the 10 year span.

Maybe they heard of our Pilgrimage this year and wanted to make it a special event :D

That's a good question. Why not wait 5 years for the 75th?

They did make a 60th anniversary pair, maybe they wanted to keep it in the 10 year span.

Maybe they heard of our Pilgrimage this year and wanted to make it a special event :D

I'll buy that and I'm almost certain they will have a 75th anniversary.

Back in the 80s stereo shops were still around and the one I got my Scalas from. They delivered and set them up checked for operation and helped me clean up the mess. Never get that now I bet.

A stereo shop delivered a Belle Klipsch to my house in 2005.  It was approx. a 1 hour drive each way.  Klipsch put me in contact with that dealer.

Another dealer, in 2012, made three trips to my house, the last two to pick up a unit that exhibited too much noise through my Khorns, and bring back a completely quiet one (unless a few feet from a Khorn).

They are both out of business now.  The Internet killed them.

Edited by garyrc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Chad featured this topic
  • Chad unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Chad unpinned this topic