Heresy Stands

s that a Yamaha AS-1000?  Have one of those myself, how do the Heresys like them?

I think you are correct.  I have one too driving my RB-75's.

What model CD player is that?

Bill

Edited by willland

Very very nice.

Kind of a silent tutorial on how to.

Thanks for sharing.

Bill

Thanks. Tried to keep it simple.

Awesome job!

Those look great.

I like how you went with black instead of trying to match the Heresy stain, which would've been difficult to match.

Yeah, it's a good contrast. Would have been impossible to match the walnut.

Looks awesome! Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gracias.

Wow...... Got any Extra?

G.E.M

Maybe. I turn equipment often. Might be for sale soon.

You are a hell of a craftsman and a top notch photographer. Nice work and thank you for sharing. I look forward to seeing what you do next.  

A pair of Heresy's and a sub are a great combination. Being a person with 3 pairs, I can say that with confidence. A couple of days ago, I did this to a pair in my mini-woodshop:

d7vUPd5l.jpg

aERNRMBl.jpg

They fit nicely up there, and they are inverted so the tweeter is closest to the ear, the squaker is next closest and the woofer is coupled with the ceiling at 2 3/4". It isn't perfect, but being a 7' high shelf, it wasn't being used for anything but clutter anyway.

Those are quite tasty also. This is my fourth pair. Just iPhone pics. Nice shop setup.

nice work!...

Bill

Rock on.

The stands look awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for checking them out.

Those are purty. I might be tempted to do that finish on the Heresys.

Is that a Yamaha AS-1000?  Have one of those myself, how do the Heresys like them?

A 2 part urethane primer would be better. Less shrinkage. A pair of piano Heresys would be cool. 

Yamaha A-S801

You make it look so simple that you almost tricked me into thinking I could do it!

That's the point of the thread. Not hard, but you do need some tools. The sanding is what takes the time. 

s that a Yamaha AS-1000?  Have one of those myself, how do the Heresys like them?

I think you are correct.  I have one too driving my RB-75's.

What model CD player is that?

Bill

I just picked up the A-S801. I'm very happy with it. Bass, treble, and a variable loudness. That's it. Plenty of power for the Heresys. Before this I was running a Rotel 1068 processor and Rotel 1080 amp. Not optimal for a 2 channel setup. 

The CD is a Yamaha CD-S300

IMG_3744_zpsg5enc3fg.jpg

I also picked up the Yamaha YBA-11. I use this for streaming from the ipad. Perfect for when I want tunes streaming all day. 

3E365C5EE5BC4307805A73234E654456_12001.j

The sub is an SVS SB2000. I'm getting a second one.

Excellent! I lack the time, talent, and tools.. So paid $20 for two ikea Lack end tables to get about 75% of what you've got going on here. I certainly agree - when there's a sub in place I find no reason whatsoever to keep these on the floor.

Did you say Lack table? I've had a pair for at least 15 years. I use them for my computer amps.

Old 555ES running a pair of RB5's on my browsing computer.

IMG_3774_zpsnvmbnodo.jpg

Rotel RA-02 running quintets on the biz computer.

IMG_3773%201_zpspi5rsl9q.jpg

And while we're on Ikea, The stand for the Yamahas is a "besta". I cut out the back panel for access and ventilation. Works great. 

IMG_3067_zpsszpihw7m.jpg

Beautiful job. Your stands look almost the same as my end tables I have my Heresies on. No doubt, they have to be off the ground.

Totally agree. Much better off the floor. Like a big bookshelf. 

As I was reading and got to the parts about your colored guide coats, I thought this is a car guy. The next pic I notice the truck bed in the background:-) Nice job!

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

You are correct. I paint stuff with wheels. That bed is for a friends '82 Toyota. It will look like this when it's done.

rubithon10017s.jpg

Yamaha A-S801
I just picked up the A-S801.

I knew that, I just forgot.  I knew I did not see the wood side panels but with the black and dark wood it was hard to tell.

I'm very happy with it. Bass, treble, and a variable loudness. That's it. Plenty of power for the Heresys.

Glad to here you like it.  It appears to be a performance bargain.

The CD is a Yamaha CD-S300

How do you like it?  I have considered the matching CD-S1000 for my setup but may go with the less expensive CD-S700 or even the CD-S300 like yours.

Bill