Wanted: Looking for a pair of Khorns in Monterey CA

mittsawhney

I'm new to the forum and looking for a pair of Khorns. Heard them play at a local dealers shop last month and was blown away. Have owned Klipsch Heresys before and am now back to Klipsch. But want a pair of the Khorns. Can't spend the $12k the dealer wants for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be patient and follow this forum (garage sale section), Audiogon.com and your local Craigslist. Buy locally is you can to avoid big shipping costs and also to get a chance to audition. BEST of luck.

Just about to go see a pair about 2 hours away. 1977, Walnut Oiled finish, but some damage to the veneer. $1,400. Thoughts?

Lots of variables.  It might be a good deal if the damage to the veneer is normal wear and tear, and the stock drivers and crossover have been well cared for.  Ask if everything is stock.  Remember, these things are almost 40 years old.  I'm 46 and a lot of stuff started going out-of-spec on my body around 40.  Same thing here.  If you let emotions win out, you could end up with a couple pieces of damaged furniture with electronics and drivers in need of hundreds of dollars of repair.

• Like 1

Just be patient and follow this forum (garage sale section), Audiogon.com and your local Craigslist. Buy locally is you can to avoid big shipping costs and also to get a chance to audition. BEST of luck.

Just about to go see a pair about 2 hours away. 1977, Walnut Oiled finish, but some damage to the veneer. $1,400. Thoughts?

Opinion would require photos. I paid more for some less than stellar.

But want a pair of the Khorns. Can't spend the $12k the dealer wants for them.

If you can afford say, $8K then buy a new pair of Jubilee's and own the speaker PWK intended to become the Khorn II.

(Disclaimer: I don't know their current pricing but I'm 100% sure that you can buy a new pair of Jubilee's for less than a new pair of Khorns) 

Lots of variables. It might be a good deal if the damage to the veneer is normal wear and tear, and the stock drivers and crossover have been well cared for. Ask if everything is stock. Remember, these things are almost 40 years old. I'm 46 and a lot of stuff started going out-of-spec on my body around 40. Same thing here. If you let emotions win out, you could end up with a couple pieces of damaged furniture with electronics and drivers in need of hundreds of dollars of repair.

Lots of variables. It might be a good deal if the damage to the veneer is normal wear and tear, and the stock drivers and crossover have been well cared for. Ask if everything is stock. Remember, these things are almost 40 years old. I'm 46 and a lot of stuff started going out-of-spec on my body around 40. Same thing here. If you let emotions win out, you could end up with a couple pieces of damaged furniture with electronics and drivers in need of hundreds of dollars of repair.

. Thanks. Everything is stock so going to look and listening to them. Appreciate your reply.