FS: La Scala - SOLD

Matthews

Any luck moving these beauties? Or have you started the room addition so you can keep 'em?

Lots of lookers, Mookie!  Fielding lots of questions about the custom grills.  No serious offers as yet.  Sharpening my drawing pencil now :D

Better build quickly, those are some real lookers. 

Great job on them.

• 5 weeks later...

Those are really nice! Just been wondering ever since I saw them, did you take the bass horn out? I'm not sure if it's just the picture but it looks like its missing to me.

It's just an optical illusion created by the gloss black. The bin is there. Matt has more photos on ebay and craigslist that show it better. Very nice looking speakers.

Yes, it is a rather odd optical illusion.  Such a deep gloss the reflections make the bins look flat in the back (in the photos).  In the photo below, still hard to see :blink:

post-36834-0-00440000-1465773721_thumb.j

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

I believe the optical illusion is the undoing of this sale attempt. You should photograph them again and relist them with all new pictures which clearly show the doghouse is indeed intact. Delete all the old pictures. Also, the high gloss reflection of the top looks nice, but shows every single little flaw. I would avoid that. I am sure these are beautiful speakers in person. I think your pictures need to convince others of that.

• Like 2

Here are the pictures I took of Dave's LaScalas. He got $1,500 for this pair. I don't think he used all the pictures in his listing.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_-5nvuxy-j7Tk9TZzhoVHpGeFU

Perhaps this will give you some ideas. I don't see any reason you shouldn't get at least that much for yours.

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 1

Maybe I should just rub them down with 400 wet/dry paper?  That will take care of the reflections, get them sold... Perhaps the look too nice?

I haven't seen the speakers in person, but if they are as nice looking in person as I think they are, I wouldn't do anything but rephotograph them. The top of the speaker on the right looks fantastic. I have looked at every single picture, and in every case, the top looks bad where the direct sunlight is reflecting off them. I would simply avoid the direct sunlight reflections. Neither of the speaker dog houses look right. Some experimentation with lighting and objects leaning in them or photograph angle would improve the detail of the point. A video of them operating may be a good way if you pan around while they are playing then the reflections of the point would move in a way which would give the proper perception that there is a mirror finished point. 

Edited by mustang guy
  • Like 2

like the dog house picture here but the direct light messes the top up:

Hmmm?  Interesting...  Thanks "MG".   I will experiment with some new shots in a few weeks.  The front door was open on that shot.  Looks like the natural light is quite helpful.  Need to kill the foreground lighting :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

like the dog house picture here but the direct light messes the top up:

Hmmm?  Interesting...  Thanks "MG".   I will experiment with some new shots in a few weeks.  The front door was open on that shot.  Looks like the natural light is quite helpful.  Need to kill the foreground lighting :emotion-21:

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

Actually it is the intense light coming from the right which is hitting the doghouse itself and also hitting the left grilles and reflecting to the doghouse which is showing the point clearly. You need the foreground lighting to be bright, but come from the side just like in the picture. The over-bright top light is causing highly contrasting bright spots at every imperfection. 

FC9Zg60.png

• Like 1