AL-3 question

I just yanked one of my AL-3's for inspection and discovered that there is a slight difference between the published diagram and this crossover. Here is a picture. One of the 2uF caps and the 500uH choke are reversed between the +/- (see picture). Does this have any effect?

6aU4Ugy.png

Picture of my actual network.

bguQjIoh.jpg

Edited by mustang guy

No difference in the series circuit performance whatsoever.

You can consider that the current flow through the series circuit changes direction with the positive half of a sine wave and the negative half. Therefore by this way of thinking, which component is on top (connected to the plus) and which is on the bottom (connected to the minus) is always changing. In a philosophical way. Of course it doesn't make a difference.

Being persnickety, if you used an oscilloscope to measure the phase of the voltage at the junction between the components relative to the voltage input, you'd probably be able to detect a difference, right there. But this will not affect the effect of the circuit.

WMcD