Kudos to Klipsch!

Just reading in S&V about the Klipsch RP-15PM.  Oddly, not to be found (at least by me) on the Klipsch website.  I've not heard them, but it's Klipsch and I think the following quote suggests the spirit of PWK is present:

"Ultimately, what you get from Klipsch for $500 are high-quality compact monitors that do not try to break the laws of physics when it comes to deep bass reproduction."

Big deal is that they are powered, have a load of inputs for a powered speaker, Bluetooth, and the big one is ...PHONO INPUT!  System in a box for 500.00.  Most real vinyl heads have one or more turntable not in use that could be put to work in an office, garage, screen room, etc.

Congratulations to Klipsch on this one!  Given my Audioengine 5+ is at relative sound quality, about the same power, but has only two inputs and costs the same I'd say this is a real winner! 

Dave

post-7390-0-67600000-1462486200_thumb.pn

post-7390-0-14640000-1462486219_thumb.pn

mungkiman, TBHWY I figured they were there somewhere, but in all my years I've never been able to find what I am looking for on the Klipsch site and half the time it's by a web search that turns up a third party site with a link to what I am looking for.  Those are NOT listed under "bookshelf speakers."  Maybe it's just me...

Dave

Where is a Klipsch rep to answer these things?  There used to be a guy (called colterphoto) who worked for them and would answer questions here.  He doesn't work there anymore and I'm not sure who does.  It is a company forum so where is the company?

There shouldn't be a question (too much) about Klipsch employees not being here. Particularly about this subject.

Andy W came in on a request for better computer speakers.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/156551-dear-klipsch-suggestion-for-a-higher-end-computer-21/

He was asking about how much people would pay and what features were needed.

In his earlier comments in the thread, I thought he was explaining problems with price sensitivity and about IIUC how some of Klipsch better computer systems didn't get traction in price competiton. I thought he was signaling that an RM based system was going to be too expensive to sell. He provided insights into how much manufacturers of high quality goods for the unwashed masses have to fret. Sort of like, "Only the paranoid survive."

But at frame 16 of that thread Andy W announced the new powered RM's several months ago. As you can see, digital inputs, phono inputs, and an option for a sub.

WMcD

Edited by WMcD

Where is a Klipsch rep to answer these things?  There used to be a guy (called colterphoto) who worked for them and would answer questions here.  He doesn't work there anymore and I'm not sure who does.  It is a company forum so where is the company?

This thread is only a few hours old. I'll bet Alex, Jay, or Chad will see it.

I recently bought a pair of these for my daughter. Have to say it was a major PtA to buy them and have them shipped to her. She is in NY and I'm in California. The website did not make it easy.

Besides that I don't think she has been able to get them set up - not a surprise the whole turntable thing is pretty new. I just may have to travel there and get her dialed In

Speakers aren't an "accessory" to me, and because they play into a room they aren't personal.  No idea what "Groove" is but wouldn't be looking for speakers there.

Regardless where else they might show up they SHOULD be listed as bookshelf speakers.  Are there "reciever" speakers, "integrate amp" speakers, "turntable" speakers, etc?  A computer is just another music source.  I have one for my Klipschorns and almost everyone here does as well.  Does that make Klipschorn's "computer" speakers?  And just WTF IS a "computer" speaker? 

Sheesh...ranting, I guess.  Sorry about that. 

Dave