The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
ducks75

Iso rf-3 or rf-5 replacement woofer

Hi, one of my woofers in my rf-5 speakers is toast and i need a replacement but from what i have been reading they are no longer available. I would like too find 2 or at least one. thanks. I am located in newberg oregon

It may be easier to track down a pair of RF-3's complete - and cheaper. The drivers if able to be had, go on eBay for about $55 + shipping.

RF-3's tend to go at $250 and are more readily available.

It's a shame that Klipsch doesn't offer them anymore. I don't believe any of the current drivers will match up in any decent capacity. The speakers that used these drivers btw are as follows:

RC-7, RF-3, 3 II, 5, 5 Classic, and RS-7.

you can buy a set of four new replacement woofers from Speaker Exchange I would bet that you can sell your remaining original three good woofers to cover the cost of four new. That's what I would do. My rational is that if you took one woofer out you may well have done harm to the remaining woofers.

• Like 1

I would either contact Met, or get four replacement drivers as shown there. It looks like the RF-35 drivers will work.

I have an rf-5 with a bad woofer but cant find and replacement woofers but i found a rp-5 woofer so will that work? Thanks

Looks like the newer driver but should WORK.  I don't think the ones with the black center are available anymore.  They used them in the RF-3 and RF-3 II also.