Who Else is Cooking Dinner for Mom, Wife, etc. Today?

Wolfbane

I'm doing a beef pot roast, with Yorkshire Pudding, mashed (Yukon Gold) potatoes, fresh green beans and homemade gelato.

More people need to discover the amazing goodness of "Yukon Gold", labeled "Gold" taters.

Night and day compared to Russett.

WOW.

And, secondly or seperately, the cream/ or sour cream Horshradish dip for Rib roast or any Beef.

Yorcshire pudding is still in my dreams for some future time.  WOW. Lars

• Like 2

I keep saying - LISTEN - Buy chuck roast ON SALE, use the part above the blade or "7" bone for whatever, and use the "Chuck eye" "below" the bone cook postured as a "prime rib roast"

Insane awesome.

Tell me if you disagree.

It is actually better than a Rib steak or roast.(if a well marbled cow)  Lars

Made two rock lobster tails, three prime grade ribeye's, a wild caught sockeye salmon filet on a soaked cedar plank, and eight chicken thighs marinated in extra virgin olive oil, sweet baby rays Vidalia onion BBQ sauce, and apple cider vinegar.  Smoke box in the grill filled with Stubbs wood chip blend. 

Made asparagus spears in the oven drizzled with olive oil seasoned with fresh ground pink Himalayan salt, and telluride peppercorns, garlic & onion powder and a half lime squeezed over the tips.

Mint Juleps as a salute to the Kentucky derby.

• Like 2

Made two rock lobster tails, three prime grade ribeye's, a wild caught sockeye salmon filet on a soaked cedar plank, and eight chicken thighs marinated in extra virgin olive oil, sweet baby rays Vidalia onion BBQ sauce, and apple cider vinegar.  Smoke box in the grill filled with Stubbs wood chip blend. 

Made asparagus spears in the oven drizzled with olive oil seasoned with fresh ground pink Himalayan salt, and telluride peppercorns, garlic & onion powder and a half lime squeezed over the tips.

Dang!!

More people need to discover the amazing goodness of "Yukon Gold", labeled "Gold" taters.

Been eating those for years.  Highly recommended.  I recently have been adding one sweet potato into the mix for mashed potatoes, try it for a nice and different touch.

Edited by oldtimer
  • Like 1

Now that is a VERY honorable gorgeous Surf Turf Smorgasbord.

Totally awesome creation.

I just don't have energy to do such stuff, I applaud you SO much.   Lars

I couldn't turn them(lobster tail) down for 5 bucks a piece. I fed 10 people for the same price that I would have fed my wife, son and me. To my surprise they were great. Never had crab legs. I will give them a shot

If your budget allows it, usually in the range of $15 - $25/ Lb, King Crab legs, I feel similar to Lobster, HUGE pieces of meat - TOTALLY different than the Snow Crab at buffets, (taste , texture similar , but size--King crab legs are about 8X + the cross sectional area.

And, dipped in butter, it is rich and satisfying, so one pound feeds a "Last Meal" for a Pig like me.

This stuff excites me so much. Lars

• Like 1