What is heck is this & how do I grill it

USNRET

Praise her and pretend it's the best you've ever had. 

Unfortunately, this isn't a bad idea.

Later on though, I'd slip some education in as to what you want.

My experience has been when you see a cut of meat with those lines in it, those lines are typically tough.

In a NY strip, as I understand, it means they come from the ends of the loin (or whatever they come from) and are some of the connective tissue holding it to whatever it attaches to.

Irrespective of what they do, the I 100% always avoid those lines.  You can rub your finger across them (perpendicular) and feel the ridge.

I was at a butcher shop once and the butcher smiled, pointing at a NY strip with these lines in them....saying they were a great cut of meat.

I said no thank you.

(I spent 5 years cooking at a steak house in high school / college)

• Like 2

We will put that off for a day as the little one decided she was going to cook Mom's dinner. We had diced up red potatoes, onions, carrots and link sausages sauteed with olive oil and fajita seasoning. I will now retire with some TGIF wings.

• Like 1

Looks like a cheap "country ribs" cut, without the bone. Dry rub and smoke for two hours.  Lot's of waste from the fat, but not bad tasting.  Get a bunch more if you are going through the trouble of firing up the smoker.

Vinegar-based sauce if you are a city slicker and need the extra moisture and haven't learned to enjoy smoked meat without a sauce, which I somehow doubt applies to you.

Edited by thebes
  • Like 1

Looks like a cheap "country ribs" cut, without the bone. Dry rub and smoke for two hours.  Lot's of waste from the fat, but not bad tasting.  Get a bunch more if you are going through the trouble of firing up the smoker.

Vinegar-based sauce if you are a city slicker and need the extra moisture and haven't learned to enjoy smoked meat without a sauce, which I somehow doubt applies to you.

You can see the foot and ankle shaped bone on the left. Look real closely and you can also see the whip marks where the jockey was beating it.

You can see the foot and ankle shaped bone on the left. Look real closely and you can also see the whip marks where the jockey was beating it.

Haha…..the next line is "a good vet could have it up and walking"

The wife tells me she has a steak to grill, I find no steak. She hands me this; I am at a loss.

let me school you, it's called a Pork Steak. Good piece of meat when BBQ'd

You can treat it like a chop, or like country style ribs....I know how to cook these very well!!!!

I'm still a ribeye man.

My wife had Crab boil today, but my brother has gout and can eat a lot of seafood. What does this have to do with Ribeyes....while the mothers ate crabs and shrimp and the whole 9, we had almost two inch, dry aged, Delmonico Ribeyes today!!!! Wonderful piece of meat!!!

Rib steak is probably the best cut of beef, only comparable to what is now called "chuck eye"

The lower part of the chuck roast next to the bone, the marbled part.

And please understand, "Rib Eye" is different than "Rib Steak" which is what most folks mean.

Further, need to specify bone in , or boneless.  Lars

I'm still a ribeye man.

My wife had Crab boil today, but my brother has gout and can eat a lot of seafood. What does this have to do with Ribeyes....while the mothers ate crabs and shrimp and the whole 9, we had almost two inch, dry aged, Delmonico Ribeyes today!!!! Wonderful piece of meat!!!

Heart cut Ribeye is my favorite.

That's a pork steak and if she paid more than 1.70 lb for she got ripped off. But just grill it...it use to be that's all I would buy because its cheap comes out perfect and tastes awesome. But now I do not buy much meat for several reasons.

I always grilled pork steak slow and low temp. with hickory or cherry chips. You can also dice it up put it in stir fry.

Everyone should watch Forks over Knives opened my eyes as to why we were lied to by the gov. about nutrition. The reason that food pie chart is skewed towards meat is to subsidize the meat industry. The western diet is killing people but it makes for a good population control huh.