Please help me choose between these two SUBS.

felitopaz

After some serious research I have come down to these two subwoofers. I will only be using one and my main concern is Music 6 Channel SACD listening.

Here is my setup/room

Power Sound Audio S3000i

http://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/s3000i?variant=1602503300

Reaction Audio Gamma 18 1400

http://reactionaudio.com/Gamma-Series-Subwoofers_c_17.html

Thanks to all of you in advance.

I cant speak to the either of two options you listed as I haven't heard them. I can say that I have a pair of PSA V1800's and they are outstanding. One thing you can be sure of is the build quality of the PSA products is really first rate.

• Like 1

would you get the 1599 satin black finish? or would you splurge and get the nicer finish at 1799? quite the price difference then. i personally would rather have dual subs any day over a single. if buying the cheaper 1399 meant a matching down the road then i would go that way. if not then i would inquire about that cordovan cherry finish and if thats a reddish cherry that might closely resemble the merlot finish id get that

• Like 1

dont you already have a thread regarding this?

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/163702-subwoofer-recommendation-for-palladium-setup/#entry2014025

You will wait a couple months for a Gamma. http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1512281-reaction-audio-subs.html. It is also a good bit larger than the S3000i. Because of it's greater volume, it probably has a flatter response. Being sealed it won't have the FR curve of it's ported counterpart.

What's wrong with the subs you have in the video? They seem to be placed where they are aesthetically pleasing, but their positioning makes little sense. One of those subs should be on the back wall... No sub can overcome poor positioning in a room.

Edited by mustang guy

would you get the 1599 satin black finish? or would you splurge and get the nicer finish at 1799? quite the price difference then. i personally would rather have dual subs any day over a single. if buying the cheaper 1399 meant a matching down the road then i would go that way. if not then i would inquire about that cordovan cherry finish and if thats a reddish cherry that might closely resemble the merlot finish id get that

A matching subwoofer cabinet would look nice.

Maybe they would send you some hardwood samples.

The extra $200 is worth every penny, veneer is not cheap.

• Like 2

I like the nice wood veneer ones.

A matching subwoofer cabinet would look nice.

Maybe they would send you some hardwood samples.

The extra $200 is worth every penny, veneer is not cheap.

Yes, I called and he put some in the mail. I am sure I can get something close. So you guys think the dual is the way to go?

I'd rather pay for a real sub. Klipsch can't make a sub. Sorry.

For music, I don't see how it wouldn't be good enough. 95 pounds, triple layer baffle, the cone area of three 12's which is more than the single sealed 18 you're looking at, 1,000 watts rms, plus it would match your towers instead of being flat black.

I'd rather pay for a real sub. Klipsch can't make a sub. Sorry.

For music, I don't see how it wouldn't be good enough. 95 pounds, triple layer baffle, the cone area of three 12's which is more than the single sealed 18 you're looking at, 1,000 watts rms, plus it would match your towers instead of being flat black.

I think you may have a good point there. It's just that I hear they are a pain to setup.