Please help me choose between these two SUBS.

felitopaz

As far as, group delay, it large low tuned subs it is a non- issue for the most part since it is near tuning.

Supposedly any group delay factor over 400 is an issue due to being audible. Basically take the frequency times milliseconds and see if that's over 400. I can't confirm.

Since we are talking about music that needs a  good midbass punch for the kick drum, drivers can make a difference. 

Inductance goes up which is kinda like putting on the brakes on the driver.

Yes, look at Acoustic Elegance if that's what you want. Le is about the lowest I've seen. This is why I bought some 12's for my mains. They're going to play a lot more than just 65-80 hz though. Punchy midbass is usually considered up to 200 hz. In the 100 something hz range is where floor toms are, lots of bass guitar first harmonics, some kick drum, etc. lives.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

As far as, group delay, it large low tuned subs it is a non- issue for the most part since it is near tuning.

Supposedly any group delay factor over 400 is an issue due to being audible. Basically take the frequency times milliseconds and see if that's over 400. I can't confirm.

I think that's the number. In stadium tuning it is the tuning where the first echo hits compared to the direct sound. Over 400ms and the listener doesn't feel like it's live. That's why they sometimes hang chandeliers from the ceilings so some sound can bounce in very large venues.

Yep that's why I don't get crazy with different enclosures and crossing over fears different than fronts. Any of that. I choose 80hz which is a happy medium between my rear 8" woofers and from 15" woofers and my subs blend nicely into them as well. Maybe I just got lucky with room/placement/gear combo. :)

I think the measure of your sub setup is the total weight. Please estimate your subs in your main room. Mine is 85lbs. Who can top that??? Derrickdj feel free to use tonnage if that is easier. ☺

I just have a few of the little fellows, he, he.

post-50685-0-39080000-1463274592.gif

After listening to these subwoofers I simply do not understand why some people got to have 18" and 21'' drivers with 1000's of watts amplifier. 

Mainly because they (we) like infrasonics that shake the room, something that you're not going to get with a factory built 15 or two.  

A 15" sub capable of producing <20Hz can shake and rattle a room given the right room condition. If you need 18" or bigger driver to rattle your room, you probably have an acre of space in your HT... ; )

• Like 1

A 15" sub capable of producing <20Hz can shake and rattle a room given the right room condition. If you need 18" or bigger driver to rattle your room, you probably have an acre of space in your HT... ; )

A cheap ported 10" one hit wonder sub that falls off a cliff below 35 hz can shake and rattle stuff too but that doesn't mean it's good for infrasonics.

Put it this way, I'm at 115 db, at 12 hz, at the listening position, without being corner loaded or doing any microphone tricks, and it's not that much lower below that, maybe a 3-4 db drop for some unknown reason then comes back up a little and is flat to 5 hz after that. Ground plane and not going through a receiver, my subs should be flat to 5 hz period. You're not going to get that out of a single typical factory 15" sub.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Couple of othorns for 30-80 hz and a couple of Ghorns for 10-30 oughta do the trick for just about anyone.

I have heard this combo, in a compromised space and it was still very impressive.....sadly they weren't tuned properly for MUSIC....... then you have the issue of all those watts, integrated properly it can work, but its all about the space and a lot of math.....

Couple of othorns for 30-80 hz and a couple of Ghorns for 10-30 oughta do the trick for just about anyone.

I have heard this combo, in a compromised space and it was still very impressive.....sadly they weren't tuned properly for MUSIC....... then you have the issue of all those watts, integrated properly it can work, but its all about the space and a lot of math.....
where did you hear that at? I know of one guy in the country who owns this combo. Wondering if we heard the same one?