Please help me choose between these two SUBS.

felitopaz

Several people on this forum have helped guide me or sell me something that was a terrific help --

Here's my little bit of help.

Why buy one or the other when there's a pair available, for the price of 1 with a little negotiation?  1 year old, 4 years of warranty left, you can't lose if you want those PSAs.  Noaffiliation whatsoever, just found these on ebay.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powersound-Audio-Dual-S3000i-Subwoofers-/252381305520?hash=item3ac3191ab0:g:xWoAAOSwaG9XJB2W

• Like 1

2200+300$ shipping is 2500. That's quite a bit more. I like where your head is going with used and dual but I'm betting that guy ain't coming down much. Most on eBay don't. He MIGHT take 2000. And 2300 is still 600 more than he gets the 1700$ gorgeous veneered for.

I'd just came back from HSU Research in Ananeim, CA. I auditioned their subwoofers and they are awesome subs at a great value. I was impressed with the VTF-15H MK2 but it's way TOO BIG for my taste. I really liked the ULS-15 MK2 in Rosenut.

After listening to these subwoofers I simply do not understand why some people got to have 18" and 21'' drivers with 1000's of watts amplifier. 

After listening to these subwoofers I simply do not understand why some people got to have 18" and 21'' drivers with 1000's of watts amplifier.

HSU make some nice sub.  Why have 18 or 21" divers, because you can, lol.  They are great for movies and the vented large subs sound as nice as sealed subs.  I am more into music than movie and use 18" sub with the mains-sweet.  Large subs don't need to be overpowering.

• Like 1

I'd just came back from HSU Research in Ananeim, CA. I auditioned their subwoofers and they are awesome subs at a great value. I was impressed with the VTF-15H MK2 but it's way TOO BIG for my taste. I really liked the ULS-15 MK2 in Rosenut.

Maybe 2 months ago I auditioned a used one and that was the first time I had heard one.  It was pretty good, but did seem at the time, really huge and bulky.  Even knowing ahead of time it was supposed to be huge, it still seemed giant.

After declining to make an offer I left and it took me a month or so to put my finger on it.  It wasn't that it was too big, because really too big is only a matter of having the space.  It was ugly.  That was the real issue.  A boring, basic, mini-fridge turned on its side and I am not picky.   Hearing that you are considering a custom finish LOL no way you get a HSU sub.  

• Like 1

Mainly because they (we) like infrasonics that shake the room, something that you're not going to get with a factory built 15 or two.  

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

You are right. I do not like the room shaking. I like a tight base that can be felt on one's stomach.

You're describing "chest thump" which occurs at the frequencies that your chest cavity resonates at which is around 50 to 70 Hz.  Infrasonics can be felt in your chair and the room and occur an octave or so lower.  You need a big sub to dig that low.

You are right. I do not like the room shaking. I like a tight base that can be felt on one's stomach.

Some of the tightest drivers out there are 18's.  Put them in a sealed box and they're really tight.  Compare multiple sealed 18's with lots of overhead to a typical factory built ported 15 or two, and the 18's are going to win in pretty much every way.