Iso: la scala midrange driver, midrange horn, and tweeters

ducks75

I am starting to build a pair of la scalas that my grandfather gave me but all they have are the xovers and the woofers so i need the rest to finish them. if anyone has a part or parts that would be great the sooner i get these done the better my my music will sound lol. Thanks in advanve located in newberg oregon

Are you stuck on the original Klipsch products?  If not then there are some aftermarket options out there as well.  If you are, find one more K400 and Matthews has you covered.   Great sounding speaker, can't wait to get to enjoy that wonderful sound.

• Like 1

if anyone has a part or parts that would be great
Are you stuck on the original Klipsch products? If not then there are some aftermarket options out there as well. If you are, find one more K400 and Matthews has you covered

The K77 tweets I have need new diaphragms.  I would suggest Crites replacements.  The K55 mid drivers are perfect.  The AA crossovers are all original 1975 models in good shape.  The K400 could use a coat of paint. 

Pm sent matthews, and thanks guys im trying to get them as original as possible so if possible id like to not go the aftermarket way

If you purchase the K77 tweeters from Matthews.  Get a hold Nels at Rainbow Recording here in Omaha, 402-554-0123.  Hey may have some new old stock of the diaphragms.   If he does, he maybe willing to let them go at a fair price.  I know, lots of maybes, but hey its worth a shot.

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 1

If I were repairing K-77s (T-35s), my only source for diaphragms would be Bob Crites. Bob might be able to also help with your K400 need.

The above is not meant to contradict the advice of The Dude above. If truly NOS diaphragms are available from Nels at a reasonable price, that would be good. I'd stay away from aftermarket diaphragms from anyone but Bob. Good luck with your restoration. Please share your progress and results.

Edited by DizRotus
  • Like 1

Pm sent matthews, and thanks guys im trying to get them as original as possible so if possible id like to not go the aftermarket way

OK, so I did some "real world" testing of the spare K77's I have on hand.  It turns out I DO have 2 good tweeters, ready to rock.

post-36834-0-70880000-1462920166_thumb.j

What I have:

2 round magnet K77 tweeters

2 K55V midrange drivers

1 K400 horn lens

If you are still interested, "ducks", shoot me an offer (shipped) via Private Message

ON A SIDE NOTE: I spoke with Nels of Rainbow Recording today concerning K77 diaphragms.  He does have some OEM diaphragms left.  However, when they are gone, THEY ARE GONE.  He is charging $59, each...

Matt ♪ ♫ ♪

• Like 1

I spoke with Nels of Rainbow Recording

He can be a goofy guy, however he has a time machine of audio in his recording studio along with one of the oldest buildings on the old Lincoln Highway.   Great place to go and check out if your ever in the Omaha area.

• Like 1

ON A SIDE NOTE: I spoke with Nels of Rainbow Recording today concerning K77 diaphragms.  He does have some OEM diaphragms left.  However, when they are gone, THEY ARE GONE.  He is charging $59, each...

Matt

Someone is going to buy them all...

• Like 1

ON A SIDE NOTE: I spoke with Nels of Rainbow Recording today concerning K77 diaphragms. He does have some OEM diaphragms left. However, when they are gone, THEY ARE GONE. He is charging $59, each...

Matt

I tried that once and he wouldn't do it, says he needs to keep stock for his own repairs. But never hurts to try.  One last thing as we are getting to far off topic.  But if everyone starts calling him for a pair, the prices will more than likely start going up.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by The Dude
  • Like 2

ON A SIDE NOTE: I spoke with Nels of Rainbow Recording today concerning K77 diaphragms. He does have some OEM diaphragms left. However, when they are gone, THEY ARE GONE. He is charging $59, each...

Matt

I tried that once and he wouldn't do it, says he needs to keep stock for his own repairs. But never hurts to try.  One last thing as we are getting to far off topic.  But if everyone starts calling him for a pair, the prices will more than likely start going up.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Honestly, I'm glad to hear that he also knows the meaning of GONE.

• Like 1