2016 Klipsch Cinema brochure

mustang guy

Keep on dreamin' man!  HAHA

Based on the KPT-CINEMA GRANDEUR height of 115", and the height of the screen as compared to that, this screen is 51' high. If it is 2.39:1 screen, then it is 122' wide, and has a diagonal of 132'. That is flippin nuts!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Another Bonehead Special.attachicon.gifKlipsch-Pro-Homepage.jpg

so in a setup like that, do you think they are lcr and then two wides? or three center channels and then left and right. or dual left and right with a single center?? my guess would be three centers.

I wondered the same thing. I think you are right, based on the info in the center OR they run 5 channels across the front in some professional applications? 11.1 for Pro Atmos?

We may come to the 100th Indy 500 this year. If we do, I will be sure to stay an extra night so we can go to that theater. 

Chad, do you happen to know if Marcus theaters use Klipsch? I actually have one reasonably close. They are Atmos and have beer too.  :)

Another Bonehead Special.

attachicon.gifKlipsch-Pro-Homepage.jpg

That behind-screen area is from Flix Brewhouse in Carmel IN.

Nice, I see they are opening one here in Albuquerque. Is Klipsch exclusive to all locations?

As much as a coke cost, I can only imagine how much a beer will be.

This is pretty cool. I noticed a couple of days ago some construction on a piece of land about 2 miles from my house. I just found the article and sure enough, it's the location of the new theater. Might be posting some Klipsch sightings in the coming months. :D

http://www.abqjournal.com/659474/flix-brewhouse-to-anchor-planned-mixed-use-development-on-citys-west-side.html

• Moderators

We may come to the 100th Indy 500 this year. If we do, I will be sure to stay an extra night so we can go to that theater.

Chad, do you happen to know if Marcus theaters use Klipsch? I actually have one reasonably close. They are Atmos and have beer too. :)

Keep in mind Chad said the behind the screen shot was in Indiana. The brochure and the other photo I posted are front of the screen shots.

If you are going to Pilgrimage in Hope next week you can ask Bonehead himself. You can also ask him if that is largest they have done.

The brochure is probably an Imax theater, the ones I have been in are that size, and larger, and have steeper stadium seating. The top seats are almost eye level with the top of the screen, with seats sloping down to the bottom. This would explain the need for upper and lower L C R channels, to have complete coverage for top and bottom rows.

• Moderators

It is hard to tell from the brochure photo, but I think if you look close it is curved, and is basically square, which is Imax. If the estimated dimensions are correct, then it is too small for typical Imax which go to about 100'x100'.

I am backtracking, I think that is a large Atmos system. Atmos can be configured for a L LC C RC R set up so that sound panning across the screen is smoother. Dolby recommends a five front speaker system on screens that are wider than 40'. That looks to be a 1.85:1 screen because of its squarer shape, can the fact that the L and R are near the edges of the screen.

I am going to go with the wild, wild guess that this is a installation within the last year, and it is in India.

Travis

The "Cine Capri" theater at Harkins in Southlake, Texas is a Klipsch installation, and one of the few theaters where I will spend my money to see a movie.  Their description is below, and at 30' x 70' is one of the largest non-IMAX screens around here.  I once talked to the manager about getting a behind the scenes look for the DFW Hornheads group.  He was very receptive, but the group became basically inactive so we never did that.

The Cine Capri® auditorium is the pinnacle of motion picture presentation with the largest screens and the very best in projection and sound technology. The Cine Capri boasts a 30' x 70' screen, towering before 600 stadium-style Ultimate Rocker® love-seats. Dolby Atmos® with 40,000 watts of crisp, pristine digital sound brings movies to life in a way that must be experienced to be believed. The signature gold waterfall drapes open to unveil each performance in a truly dramatic fashion. In short, the Cine Capri at Harkins Theatres is the perfect fusion of technology, style and showmanship and offers you the Ultimate Moviegoing® experience.

Dolby Atmos
Dolby Atmos is a revolutionary new audio platform that immerses the moviegoer into each scene with a 3D like experience for the ears. It allows for more powerful storytelling by giving film makers precision control of the placement and movement of sound around the auditorium. With the addition of speakers around and above moviegoers, along with control of individual speakers rather than a blended array of speakers, Dolby Atmos allows object-based movement above and around the audience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The official word from the Chief Bonehead is that the brochure picture is from the Malco Theater in Memphis, Tennessee.

It is an older Dolby design, not Atmos. None of my guesses were even close.

Bonehead said that the stuff he has been doing lately has been mind blowing.

Someone should ask him what are the top five sounding theaters he has ever been in.