Question regarding speaker grilles

kip0217

New to the forums and just purchased the RP 450c and a pair of RP 260f's and am curious as to whether these speakers were voiced with the grilles on or off? I know this can be a personal opinion type question and have no preference either way but am curious as to whether or not the high end would be effected enough with the grille on to warrant taking it off with young children in the house. Looks do not really matter to me so it is specifically a sound quality preference. I know some companies voice their speakers with or without the grille and i couldnt find any documentation either way on the Klipsh's.

Thanks for any help, advice, or personal experience on the subject. Just trying to learn more everyday about how to make the most out of my speakers.

I don't really know what voicing means. They probably test them with grills off. I've tried, but I just can't listen to speakers without their clothes on. Find it distracting, like watching a singer sing naked, haha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grilles on should be fine, and much safer.  Do you have a cat?  I've heard of one (from a Klipsch staff person) who liked to eat speaker surrounds.  Dogs will eat anything -- or plow into it. 

Since you posted in the Home Theater forum, I'm assuming you might have an AVR or pre-pro with Audyssey or a similar room EQ.  These would probably EQ for the grilles, if they are on at the time you calibrate.

Edited by garyrc

In all my years, I have never seen a naked singer.

You've never seen Forrest Gump?   :)

I once saw Wendy O Williams and the Plasmatics, she was wearing a leather bikini bottom and a whipped cream top :D

She was also cutting up a guitar with a live chainsaw!

• Like 1