Epic C-4 version 2 MA

Edroom

Last one, I figured out if I use the flash it makes the file too large? Also how do you change resolution on I phone? I'd it in settings?

All I all they are not in bad shape, one side has some scratching but it isn't deep and the tops have a little. "bumpieness" maybe from a plant, not really noticeable unless you feel it or closely inspect.

I am listening to them in my living room and they are pretty amazing! If I didn't already have klipschorns and Bozak concert grands I would keep them!

post-28567-0-75240000-1463437934_thumb.j

I take offense that you are accusing me of trying to do something dishonest.

I also sent many (hopefully better) pics to efzauner directly, I was trying to get front, top and sides, when they posted sideways it makes them confusing.

I have been a active member of the forums for over 8 years without a single issue.

surprisingly, I did not notice the different woofers although after it being pointed out it is rather apparent, although the color match is good enough it doesnt draw the eye.  These speakers have only today come into my living room...that were at my sons apartment until the other day when he upgraded to B & W 801's, they were in the garage for the first round of crappy pics but in the house today.

I too am rather dissapointed in this discovery, they sounded good today even with the replacements.  I will have to reassess how to sell these...I apologize  for any misrepresentation it was unintentional.

Ed

Edited by Edroom

Why are you offended? You explained the situation, and that's fine. Moving along.

It's just that immediately it's thrown out there that the camera angles are there to deceive, it's annoying.

Did I miss it, yes, are they non original...yes, but purposefully deception.....no

• Like 1

Why are you offended? You explained the situation, and that's fine. Moving along.

It's just that immediately it's thrown out there that the camera angles are there to deceive, it's annoying.

Did I miss it, yes, are they non original...yes, but purposefully deception.....no

I don't doubt that. If you were trying to hide something, you wouldn't have posted it.  :lol:

surprisingly, I did not notice the different woofers although after it being pointed out it is rather apparent, although the color match is good enough it doesnt draw the eye

I 100% believe you.  You have been a great forum member for as long as I remember and I don't think you were trying to fool anybody.

I have a pair of CF-4's I am looking at as I type this, and I looked at your pics, and I didn't see them either until it was pointed out!

+++

I have taken out deeper scratches than that from mine, so I know if someone wanted to give them some TLC they could be brought back to near-new, and the black makes it even easier to do.

I those were mine as keepers, I think I would put a stock driver in each and a replacement driver in each so they would mirror each other.  You already mentioned you would keep these even though you have Khorns.  I have Khorns too and I like the sound of the CF-4's better for the kind of music I like, jazz and large brass ensembles.

If anyone is interested in them I would suggest you take along your own music and audition them if you have any doubts.  Even with the replacement drivers, I don't think they will disappoint.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

the paper surround woofer may well be a descent quality replacement.  I actually believe they last longer than rubber surrounds! Nobody has ever had to replace Cornwall surrounds! 

But there are several issues here, generic to all used sales and not particular to this sale or to Ed.

1: If the seller did not notice something as visually obvious as different woofers, on speakers without grills, then what else is he missing? One would have to take the speakers apart to see what else may be wrong with them. I am not going to drive 6 hours for this.

If you are going to sell something, get all your information together, make sure it is accurate, then post it. 

2: For vintage electronics and speakers, buyers look for original condition, No point in purchasing 20 year old speakers for that *vintage sound and look* when the original parts are no longer there.   I came across a pair of KLF30s for US$1300 where all 4 woofers as well as tweet/mid diaphragms were replaced by Bob Crites parts. Really? These are no longer Klipsch speakers, but are now a DIY speaker in a Klipsch box! One can argue whether they sound better or not but that is not the point. If the speakers are mine, and the only options is aftermarket repair parts, then I can make that judgement, fully expecting a hit in resale value. 

ef,

Most, if not all, things one buys was put together using what could be used where the consumer can afford it and the manufacturer can make a profit. From there, improvements can be made by the ones who so see fit.

If one buy a car (a Vet, let's say) and upgrades the brakes, is it no longer a Vet?

When PK got started using Baldwin made cabinets and EV speakers, were they not Klipsch?

• Like 1