Cornwall III conversion to 2 way

Ouachita

I noticed the new KPT-310-M in the pro lineup is basically a cornwall (K-33 woofer) with the horn from the Epic CF3/4.  Not sure about the K-70 compression driver.

Any idea what the crossover frequency is in the KPT-310?  My guess is 600hz.

What would I need to convert my CIII to 2 ways utilizing the KPT-310 parts?

You have a good eye!  That really does look like the CF-3/4 horn.

I think the XO for the CF-4 horn was 600 Hz as I think the CF-3 horn model was the K-603. 

FYI the compression driver for the CF-4 is the K-63-N, which is different from the K-70-G being used in the KPT-310-M.

I'm not familar with those horns....nor their size.

That said, you might look into the K510 horn which is a 2" format.  I don't know if you can do it without heavy modifications of the crossover, I think an active would be easier.

The K510 would have the K69 tweeter driver attached to it (and is the driver used in the 2-way Jubilee setups)

• Like 1

Any idea where/how to get pricing or order the cinema line?

http://www.cinequip.com/service.htm

Talk to Spencer.

I'd think that the HF horn that you're looking at on the KPT-310-M is a new model K-510 horn, i.e., the one with "mumps".  I've got two of them that I've used on my bi-amped and tri-amped Belles.  I recommend that horn with a good 2" full-range compression driver - like Crites uses on the "D" Cornscala, or the B&C DE750 upgrade driver from CInequip.

Chris

They use the same horn (K510) in the KPT-396 (and KI-396), which comes with a single 15 inch woofer. They cross it at 1Khz, though.They sell it as a surround speaker.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

I'd think that the HF horn that you're looking at on the KPT-310-M is a new model K-510 horn, i.e., the one with "mumps".

Those look like the older style K510 without the 'mumps', and the literature says it's a K603 horn.

Bruce

Edited by Marvel

There is a reason why I recommended the 2" throat K-510 horn--and it's not that it costs more.

The woofers in the KPT vented boxes are typically K-43s, which are nothing but more robust K-33 woofers.  The different numbers for the bass bins are for the different boxes.