Another Klipschorn Newbie

esprits4s

Nice price and you could always repair chips and nicks and veneer the fronts. That would make them look awesome I would think and maybe custom tops to match the room angles.

PS do you an Esprit ? I have a Jensen Healey with 907 lotus in it.

And now you're going to tell us about the Esprit.  Right?  Please!

WMcD

Yes, I do have a '95 Esprit.  Norfolk mustard with cream interior.  The Esprit was my dream car as a kid, and I bought this one about 15 years ago.  As for using it for my forum name, I first used it about 10 years ago when I was having trouble finding a name that wasn't used on a different car forum.  It was something I could remember, and I have been using it ever since. :)

Edited by esprits4s

"Fanfare for the Common Man" gave me goosebumps:)

As it does on my Khorns.  The breeze created by the bass makes my pants legs flap, without a subwoofer being used!  Which version of "Fanfare" do you have?  I have the one on Crystal Clear records' "Sonic Spectaculars," which has a lot of great stuff on it. 

A slight re-working of "Fanfare" is incorporated into one of his (Copeland's) symphonies -- I forget which one (maybe the 3rd??)

In a huge room, it is possible to overdrive Khorns and damage them, so be careful.  Probably no problem in an average room.  EDIT:  I see you told us the room is 15 x 32.  That's neither too big nor too small.  Great!  For recommended room treatments, see the thread by Chris A on Corner Horns.

Edited by garyrc

Fanfare taught me something. OT.

A college buddy suggested that we relocate his dorm room speakers outside and blow the minds of people with this wonderful piece of music.  It would be like music from heaven. Everyone will freak out totally.

Turning up the volume all the way . . . and the sound was almost nothing unless you were five feet away.  It just shows how outdoors needs horn and power.

For some reason, I thought his better speakers and more powerful amp would not have the problems of an earlier experiment.  I had set up my bedroom Heathkit system in the school cafeteria to blast out some Santana.  The result was . . . almost nothing.  Big indoor venues need horns and power too.

Congrats on the K-Horns.  It looks like the fickle finger of fate got you to the only K-Horn model which fit under the roof.  It happens.

Thanks for the info on the Lotus.

Smile.

WMcD

Edited by WMcD

Big indoor venues need horns and power too.

That's why my  70's DJ biz used 4 Speakerlab Ks and 600 watts of Dynaco power.  Deafened adolescents all over greater Detroit

I like your decorators.  Very cool.

Edited by DizRotus