K-Horn drivers in a custom build.

Shiva

The workmanship looks good, but the execution seems off.  As TigerwoodKhorns said, these are now Cornwalls with the wrong balancing network.  They probably sound OK, but I wouldn't pay more than $500 for the pair.

600 horn with a AA crossover?!!!! Blasphemy!!!!!!  :angry:

What was he thinking?!!!!! That's not how any of this works....that's not how any of this works at all!!!!!  :blink:

LOL!  We know what he was thinking.

Those Klipsch speakers, uh, some Klipsch drivers in an enclosure,  have a value of $2495!  Each!  That's $5,000 worth of non-Klipsch speakers for $1600!  Such a deal.  :rolleyes:

I can already hear your skepticism; "But Dave," you might ask me, "just how do you know they are "worth" $5K?"

The Seller said they were worth that in the ad!  

I suppose you have a problem with that, too.  :lol:

• Like 3

The most I would be willing to pay for these would be the aftermarket value of the components he used. I'm pretty sure it's a long way from $1,600. - 2 used woofers, 4 used horns, and 2 used crossovers. Max about $500 probably. The enclosure would be dumpster food if I didn't like the "audiophile" sound.

Ya never know though. A tall Chorus or Cornwall might have a higher WAF, but the nolength port and stock AA would need changed for sure, IMO.

I would not trade an Altec 421 for a klipsch K33. This is an unfinished project. 

I was thinking along those lines too, Moray.

He calls them "Custom Klipsch speakers" because they have a couple of Klipsch parts and a homemade cabinet, with no bracing, I'll add.  Why not call them "Custom Altec speakers?" 

I don't care what they are, I care what he calls them.

The whole dishonest ad just rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by wvu80