Anyone Try Outlaw Separates

Grizzog

I'm looking to get some Outlaw Audio Separates for my setup.  I currently have an Anthem MRX 520, but I just don't like how it plays with my RF-7II.  It's extremely detailed, but a bit too bright for my tastes. 

I'm looking at the Outlaw 975 pre/pro and 5000 amp combo.  The amp has plenty of power for my needs, but just wanted to see if anyone here has experience with this combo.  I've seen in other places that both the 975 and 5000 are warm, which I enjoy.  I don't need EQ or room correction, so this just may be the ticket.

I am a huge Outlaw Audio fan! I haven't owned either of those products but I have had about 5 of their amps. The amps were very powerful and you can't beat the price.

The company is easy to work with and really stand behind their products (think SVS). I wouldn't hesitate to business with them over and over again.

I have a pair of M2200 200 wpc monoblock amps. They are pretty nice, fairly light and don't take up much space. I will be selling them shortly though since I am replacing my 2.2 set up with my Sherbourn HT set up.

Have you had anything else on the 7ii's that you liked? I've only heard the 7ii's a couple times and my ears didn't enjoy it too much.

I've tried an NAD D3020 on them and it is much better to my ears. This weekend I'm also going to try my Rogue Audio tube amp on them. Thus far, they respond to different amplification quite dramatically.

Did you get to hear them in your own setup?

Edited by Grizzog

Outlaw makes good stuff. I've owned amps and prepro, good sound and power. The fact the Anthem did not sound good is rather odd....I would quickly choose it over the Outlaw prepro , based on my limited experience with Anthem/arc. Their rep is pretty widely considered great, still dont make it right for everyone, good luck.

I had the much older 950/7100 combo...sold it off in a low time but also tried their 1050 and now have their 1070 HT receiver...paired with 3 Heresys across the front and an Outlaw sub I like it for Home Theater...

for two channel music, I prefer other stuff but for movies and music DVDs and such it's very nice...not saying that it isn't good for 2 channel but I have other options (including their own RR2150 2 channel retro Receiver)...

I also look forward to your review of your components...

Bill

Just got the 975/5000 combo. First impressions: much smoother than the Anthem 520. The combo has a very analog sound to it - fantastic with the RF-7II. Only about halfway through my first movie, but the amp has a TON of power. 2 channel is awesome. I'll write more when I get some additional time with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just got the 975/5000 combo.
The combo has a very analog sound to it - fantastic with the RF-7II.

Glad to hear you are liking your Outlaw combo.

the amp has a TON of power.

No doubt about the Outlaw amp having serious power.

much smoother than the Anthem 520.

So, what are going to do with the 520?

Bill