Restored h/k 730 for Toledo friend

DizRotus

EDIT:  9/21/16

At last one of my restored h/k x30s arrived.  It will go to my friend in Toledo to power his new to him Klipsch KLF-10 speakers purchased from member @Fleawatt.  More info follows.

original post:

A Medicare eligible friend asked for help assembling 2 channel system. He doesn't want huge speakers, but he wants good sound. Heresy is about as big a footprint as he will tolerate. Perhaps a sub at a letter date, but probably not needed.

Anyone have anything within a 3 hour radius of Toledo? They're to be powered by a restored h/k x30 receiver.

EDIT. 05/21/16 @ 13:00 EDT

My friend and Fleawatt  have a deal pending.  Thanks to all for offering advice.

• Like 2

I have a pair of KLF-10's I could deliver to him for $300.  I'm in Perrysburg, which is 10 minutes from Toledo.   The KLF-10's are taller than a Heresy, but I wouldn't think the foot print is that much larger.   Definitely would NOT need a sub with KLF-10's.  :)

• Like 2

i have a couple of different things i've been hanging onto, that i've been planning to sell. i have a pair of rf-62's, rb-51's, & kg 2.2's - all 3 pairs are in black, and in really good shape

i'm fairly close to birmingham, but not sure if i could get to toledo anytime soon. 

pm me if interested. 

• Like 1

Anyone have anything within a 3 hour radius of Toledo? They're to be powered by a restored h/k x30 receiver.

What kind of terminal ends are in that HK?  Are the spring loaded type or banana plugs?

If you will PM me your address, I'd like to send you some banana plugs and some banana-type plugs with pins in the ends so it will fit the HK's spring loaded connector.  It might add a nice touch to your friend's system.

• Like 1

Dave,

What, you already lost my address? It was on the box with the Cyastat SN.

Truth be told, I might not be able to scrounge up your address either at this time. I sent my business address. It might be less to ship to a commercial address.

Neil

Edited by DizRotus

In a lot of ways it's fun to start all over. 

That's what I did when I upgraded to the new 5.1 stuff in 2013, my first upgrade from the old stereo setup of the last century.  For the first time ever I needed a sub and I bought Klipsch.  I needed some new L/R so I bought Klipsch.

Now I have Khorns in the living room and some CF-4's for computer speakers that are ridiculously oversized for the small room.  But I love the sound, it's exactly the sound I've been looking for all my life, so what can I do?

And so the disease of upgrade-itis continues.  When does it stop?  :wacko:

• Like 1

Dave-

The posts arrived.  George will like these a lot.  Where can I get more?

Do you need more Cyastat SN?  I'll even cook a batch of the full goop if you'll use it to clean vinyl.  Otherwise, how may I repay your kindness?

Sunday I'll drive to Toledo to meet up with my friend and his brother at Fort Meigs for a British autos car show. In the afternoon, we'll set up his newly acquired KLF-10s. I'm taking a TDA7297 chip amp and the phono preamp I bought from our own Billybob. He's going to buy one of my four Technics SL-1500 tables, with either an AT14Sa or Ortofon FF15XE Mk II cartridge. He's borrowing the chip amp and preamp until his h/k730 is back from refurbishment.

FYI two of the three remaining SL-1500s will be looking for new homes soon. I'm thinking $200 shipped. That would include a cartidge. It would be cleaned, lubed and tested. Plug and play. Send a PM if you're interested. Otherwise, later this summer I'll actually post in Garge Sale.

Edited by DizRotus

The posts arrived.  George will like these a lot.  Where can I get more?  (see below)

Otherwise, how may I repay your kindness?

Sorry I missed this post earlier, Neil.  Others have done the same sending me things and asking nothing, so sending the posts for your friend was my pleasure. 

-Dave

Here are the banana-type plugs with the pins:

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=104&cp_id=10401&cs_id=1040115&p_id=5975&seq=1&format=2

59751.jpg

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...