Windows 10.....Forced!

SWL

Sheeeeit.....my first was Vista. Everone ran it into the ground but I had no problem with it. Win 8 kinda sucked but I liked 8.1

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sheeeeit.....my first was Vista. Everone ran it into the ground but I had no problem with it. Win 8 kinda sucked but I liked 8.1

My first was DOS 3.X and than the upgrades began :) :) :)

• Like 2

I'm still using DOS on a couple of machines. One has DOS 5 and the other 6.

The first real PC I used was a 4.77mhz machine with a math co-processor. It had a whopping  5mb HD too. As I recall it was about $5K new.

We had Autocad 1 on it.

That was a long time ago.

I bought one of these in 1982.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 1

I'm still using DOS on a couple of machines. One has DOS 5 and the other 6.

The first real PC I used was a 4.77mhz machine with a math co-processor. It had a whopping  5mb HD too. As I recall it was about $5K new.

We had Autocad 1 on it.

That was a long time ago.

I bought one of these in 1982.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodore_64

I still use DOS commands...

My first was a Tandy 1000 TX...

post-61223-0-28880000-1463792178_thumb.j

I have 2 PCs tried #10 for a day one each when it first came out, went back to #7 home premium the next day it SUCKS big time.

How long ago was that?

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/157532-get-windows-10/

1 June 2015

Win 10 was still in Beta back then....no?

I had Windows 10 for a couple of days, but went back to Windows 7.  When running 10, the machine kept locking up, and the nearly all-white UI looked like it was a mockup, not a final version.  It was overly bright and simplistic-looking.

Part of the reason I was reluctant on going with Win 10 was all of the bad comments on it when it first came out. Comments as of late seem mostly positive and my experience so far is that it is stable. No problems yet....

Part of the reason I was reluctant on going with Win 10 was all of the bad comments on it when it first came out. Comments as of late seem mostly positive and my experience so far is that it is stable. No problems yet....

My buddy is a beta tester for Microsoft and switched one of his computers over to W10 before it was released to the public.   Once the free upgrade came out last summer, he cautioned me to wait quite a while until the major wrinkles were ironed out.  He gave me the go a few weeks ago and no "issues" or bugs so far for me.

Bill

• Like 1

I did upgrades on two older Dells running Win7 Pro, 32 bit. They've been working fine, except this week the wife's video driver started crashing every 30 seconds or so. Nvidia had a new driver posted for the card she is using, and the short update fixed whatever the problem was.

Of course, a clean install is always best, no telling what hangs around from the older versions.

Bruce

BTW, not sure how much difference there is between 32 and 64 bit verions, but they really want everyone on the 64bit. Everything I've done is 32bit so far. I'm putting together a 64bit version for specific application, and have the media and license sitting here waiting to go.

Bruce