WTB: Klipsch Ultra2 THX

miketyler

I'm posting this to see what all might be out there. Currently my theater consists of a mix of Ref V and Ref II equipment with pair of Sunfire True subs. My use is 100% movie/blurays. While my current setup sounds good I want to take it to the next level. I have heard several opinions regarding these as "somewhat flat sounding" but as I understand it they are designed for cinema and deliver in that area well.

I am now looking for:

KL-650-THX (3)

KL-525-THX  (2)

KS-525-THX 

Let me know if you can help me out

MRT

Mine or his? I am assuming you want the OP's info on his room. But just in case... I run heritage stuff which is why I didn't get the THX system. I've A B'ed them and prefer mine. My room is 19' by 48'. No rear corners, rectangle room.

post-56362-0-10160000-1463870607_thumb.p

Edited by Trentster5172

Thanks for the tip Trent. I just emailed them :)

I'd have to measure Willand to be certain but it's in a loft and is an oddly shaped space with vaulted ceiling.

I would say from your photo, the Ultra2 THX should be about perfect for that space.

Bill

• Like 1

What is your budget?  I found a full set with 4 KS-525 instead of 2 KS-525s, amp and subs that I found used for just under $6k.  Sold off the extra KSs and put in 4 ceiling speakers.  I love the set for movies.  If you look around, you may be able to find another set.  Mine was pristine when I picked them up.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a set! BIG BIG BIG thanks to RockOn4Klipsch (Stefan) for the tip on these as well as offering to assist with shipping. I'm supposed to take delivery of these today and can't wait to set them up.

I will have for sale my current system consisting of mint pair of RF62, RS-52II, RS-62II, and an RC-52. (Possibly pair of KS-525-THX)Thanks again to all of you that helped in this pursuit!

Found a set! BIG BIG BIG thanks to RockOn4Klipsch (Stefan) for the tip on these as well as offering to assist with shipping. I'm supposed to take delivery of these today and can't wait to set them up.

I will have for sale my current system consisting of mint pair of RF62, RS-52II, RS-62II, and an RC-52. (Possibly pair of KS-525-THX)Thanks again to all of you that helped in this pursuit!

Congratulations on the purchase!

Cake!!! Call TheStereoShoppee in Boise, Idaho.

http://www.thestereoshoppe.com

They have a mint setup on consignment. I almost bought it. I physically saw it today. Includes the two subs and amp as well.

I know they don't advertise these anywhere (other than a small section on their site), but I'm surprised they're still for sale. I took a look at those, must be 2 years ago now.