How to curtail a neighbor's dog from barking out of control

Superdave

if you feel your pets are family, then raise them and train them to act as family! Do your sons and daughters bark constantly at the neighbors? Mine don't.

I have a few neighbors I'd like to introduce you to. I'm still trying to understand what two five year olds and a twelve year old are doing out running around with an RC car at midnight...

I have a few neighbors I'd like to introduce you to. I'm still trying to understand what two five year olds and a twelve year old are doing out running around with an RC car at midnight...

I would love to meet them. I would not hesitate to share my opinion of 2 five year old running around my house at midnight chasing an rc car. Sounds like it would be time to let the dogs out.

• Like 2

Hey IbizaFlame, on a side note.. I replaced the tweeter in my RF3's with a D220Ti, and no luck making it sound better than the stock tweeter.. Seems like PWK put in some serious effort with the crossover and tweeter in that speaker system.. we briefly spoke about it in the past..

• Like 1

another thing that worked great was: I parked my truck in my driveway facing my neighbors house, and every time the dogs barked at me or anyone at my house, I would set off my truck alarm with my remote from inside my house! that worked great because it pissed off my neighbors so much that they no longer allowed the dogs near my truck and my house!!

• Like 3

Does the dog bark at anything in particular?

Nope, they just go at anything that moves. I believe they are scared of their own shadows.

Some have posted to try to speak with the offending neighbor. But, I prefer to not go that approach as we don't necessarily see eye-to-eye from a past issue.

Do they chase cars?

Do a slow drive by with a rag flopping from a tire.

Maybe the owner will run out and bite the rag. 

End of problem.   :ph34r:

Ha ha. I have heard of this solution. The dogs are in a fenced backyard. If they were out running around, then I would never have started this thread ;)

Go out and buy a big flat of uncooked chicken wings. Toss them each one. Do it every few days or so.  By two weeks when they hear someone stirring on your side they shut up and sit quietly by the fence waiting for their threat. Just don't give them any wings while they're barking after a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

I agree with the people from India, cows are important.  

I like steaks too.

Neighbors dogs used to get into the wifes chickens.

She locked the dogs in the kennel and called them on the 1st offense.

2nd offense I locked one of them in the kennel and ran the 2nd dog home with a .40  cal glock.  I made it a point not to shoot the dog, just make a bunch of noise.  Then called and told them if they wanted the second dog back they should hurry over as I was getting ready to take it for a ride..

Neighbors arrived, pretty much pissed that I had scared one dog home and locked the other one up.

With Glock in one pocket, and Judge in another, I explained that I did not want to hurt anyones dogs or they would have already been shot.  Also mentioned that this was the second time and I hoped there would not be a third.  As I would not call them again.  Did not mention that I would have called animal control though.

No more problems with the dogs.  Or those neighbors.     :o

Edited by Taz
  • Like 1

Does the dog bark at anything in particular?

Nope, they just go at anything that moves. I believe they are scared of their own shadows.

Some have posted to try to speak with the offending neighbor. But, I prefer to not go that approach as we don't necessarily see eye-to-eye from a past issue.

Cougar idea is looking even better.