How to curtail a neighbor's dog from barking out of control

Superdave

Ya know we have a "new" neighborhood animal around... It's a rooster :blink: ..... We have a small horse farm right behind our house and there's another small farm across the street. We think the rooster lives there. We can't see him but we can hear him. It's just far enough away that It not bothersome. You can just hear him.... Now if he was right next door it would be an issue... Cuz I've heard him as early as 3:00 am :o.... I've gotten up for a potty call and I could hear him with my bathroom windows open.... Now if he was right next door..... yea I would have an issue my neighbor.. 

MKP :-)

Put the dogs on your side of the fence. Your neighbors will get tired of all that barking coming from your house.  :D

You sir win the internet today…bravo :D

It doesn't work if they are inside of one of those doggie electronic zapper fences that keep them in the yard.

JJK

Ya know we have a "new" neighborhood animal around... It's a rooster :blink: ..... We have a small horse farm right behind our house and there's another small farm across the street. We think the rooster lives there. We can't see him but we can hear him. It's just far enough away that It not bothersome. You can just hear him.... Now if he was right next door it would be an issue... Cuz I've heard him as early as 3:00 am :o.... I've gotten up for a potty call and I could hear him with my bathroom windows open.... Now if he was right next door..... yea I would have an issue my neighbor.. 

Growing up on a farm, I never did mind the sound of all the animals I had...lots of them. I always HATED the guineas because they would nark me out every time I would try to sneak in late. 

Back on topic. A shock collar on the dog owner would be very effective. 

• Like 1

If he ever becomes a nuisance get yourself an axe, a nice white wine a good Coq au Vin recipe and a Dutch oven. A couple of hours later you'll be full and the rooster will be forever more quiet.

Put the dogs on your side of the fence. Your neighbors will get tired of all that barking coming from your house.  :D

My experience with dog owners suggests they are pretty much deaf. At least to their dogs barking.

I love Dogs, but if none above suggestions work, IF they are in direct view, a LOW power BB gun VERY CAREFULLY shot at the rear end.

After a few times, I'm thinking like 3X+, they will stop. Lars

Some of the neighbor kids did this to our Great Dane and all it did was get the Dane pissed off at them whenever he saw em'.

But I still don't see how shooting a dog will stop him/her from doing something you don't like if it can't/doesn't relate the cause and effect actions. The dog may not know you want him to stop barking but may even feel he's trying to warn you of something going on that he's trying to protect his owner, or other people from.

For instance, we have two cats and it's nearly impossible to correct them from doing something wrong and to stop doing it at all times (when you're there or not). If you correct/yell at them afterwards you didn't teach them to not do something; you only taught them how to be scared at all times.

Edited by Mighty Favog
  • Like 1

My experience with dog owners suggests they are pretty much deaf. At least to their dogs barking.

Record the barking on a loop and play it for them when they are sleeping. 

If one night of that don't work, leave it play for a weekend while you are away, or even a week.

Ya gotta make sure it is very loud and annoying. 

• Like 2