A very memorable weekend

jimjimbo

My sincere thanks and deep regards to Christy, Rodney, and everyone both at Klipsch and out at Rodney's place for everything they did for all of us these past few days.  The tours, the food, the music and the friendship were absolutely off the charts.  Already looking forward to next year.  Thank you again.  

JimJimbo

• Like 8

YES...Very Nice....We had a real good time. Met some new people...finally met Andy after talking to him for over 15 years. Thanks to Klipsch and everyone who helped with this. I wish I could have come down sooner and helped and stayed longer. My grandson said it was 2 thumbs up.Rick

• Like 1

• Moderators

My sincere thanks and deep regards to Christy, Rodney, and everyone both at Klipsch and out at Rodney's place for everything they did for all of us these past few days. The tours, the food, the music and the friendship were absolutely off the charts. Already looking forward to next year. Thank you again.

JimJimbo

It was great meeting you and visiting with you this weekend.

Was I there?  Somebody dropped me back at my house this morning.  I have vague memories of mass quantities of food, booze, people carrying away boxes of free speakers, surveillance drones buzzing my head, and bonfires. 

Dave

• Like 3

I think I developed martini elbow this weekend. I agree with all the above sentiments and loved how the factory tour was broken up into segments. Of course my favorite part of the weekend was seeing old friends and making new ones. I also think I put on about 5 pounds as well. That desert lady is down right evil.

• Like 4

I think I developed martini elbow this weekend. I agree with all the above sentiments and loved how the factory tour was broken up into segments. Of course my favorite part of the weekend was seeing old friends and making new ones. I also think I put on about 5 pounds as well. That desert lady is down right evil.

I didn't take a single picture this year as I just enjoyed.  However, your five dead soldiers were still lined up early this morning at the end of the bar as if signaling it was time to go home. 

There is something both special and poignant about the clubhouse on Sunday AM after the Klipsch Konclave and Konvention.  I was there about seven AM and it was just me and the birds.  Made a pot of coffee and just sat, thinking about the great people I have had the distinct honor and privilege to come to know through this Forum.  Don't want to get overly sloppy, but all of you are very, very special to me and the spirit of PWK binds us all together like nothing short of religion.  I was also completely inspired by the Klipsch management that was present.  It is clear that the future of Klipsch is in good hands who fully understand both PWK's legacy and the value of the members of this forum.  Also, Colleen Murphy is that true believer with a mind probably more like that of PWK than the likes of me.  I strongly recommend listening to Classic Album Sundays as well as the WPWK podcasts.  We were listening to her interview with Bob Heil on the way to Hope and learning yet another way that PWK changed the modern world with, after being subjected for the first time to loud rock n' roll from Bob Heil, stating that "Well, I guess it's OK to be loud if it is GOOD."  Heil based his career on those words and made the modern rock concert more about music than the painful distortion it had been up until that time. 

​We left slowly down the road to the highway, with Lonelobo stopping every few hundred yards to exclaim "Red shouldered hawk!" or "Eastern Meadowlark" or such.  As I am largely concerned with birds that can be put in a smoker, I was simply entranced with the shear beauty of Rodney's environmental waterscapes, which are always in a state of improvement. 

A memorable weekend, indeed.  May there be many, many more!

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Thanks everyone, it was fun, again.

The more of these gatherings we go to the more I realize it makes little difference what we do, it's the people there who make it fun. Instead of running around crazy I need to start talking more with the people I don't recognize............not that I could remember all the names but just to talk.  :o  :D

• Like 1

• Moderators

Probably true.

Confession..........the last two days i had one of your martini's and nothing else, the next day i did the same but with a glass of honey, that was it. So there is something to what your saying.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

• Moderators

So there is something to what your saying.

Have I steered you wrong yet?

That's exactly why when you say it's martini time I do as told, plus it's good  :) 

I think next year a collection is needed from everyone interested in trying one, (or from somewhere else) also an auxiliary shaker in training.  :emotion-55:   

Thank you for supplying everything, that was not cheap.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

I think next year a collection is needed from everyone interested in trying one,

It didn't kill me this year to "sponsor" the martini bar.  Special thanks to Jim and Mike for helping with supplies as well.  If I get a bottle now and then and put it back for next year I should be good.  I was also planning on starting a poll once we get closer to next year to see if there would be any interest in me bringing gin as well.

• Like 1