A very memorable weekend

jimjimbo

• Moderators

I have.  Without the tonic of course.  Bombay Sapphire on the rocks.  It rocks.

Definitely not my favorite. That's the thing about gin. There's a wide variety of tastes. Vodka differences are more subtle once you get into the nicer stuff. As far as gin goes, I like Tanquery Ten and New Amsterdam.

For Martini's I like, in this order of preference: Monkey 47 (German), Hendrick's and then Anchor.

For Gin and tonics, I prefer Tang Rangpur.

It's kind of a Kansas City thing. Take the tips of a smoked brisket that have become overly smoked, heavily barked, burnt. Trim those from the heart of the brisket before slicing and serve. Great bark on the outside, moist and tender inside. Damn good eatin'.

Jim ... in the drone video, is that you, right inside the building behind a table, wearing the Michigan shirt?

That is him, but it might be a Monmouth shirt, where is nephew is attending, and have a very similar "M"
Yes sir, it is. I was proud to wear both this weekend. Long story about my nephew, but suffice it to say an amazing ride through a fantastic high school football career, that I was very closely connected to through my youngest brother, and the whole college recruiting fiasco, it is actually crazier and more intense than you can ever imagine… Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 1

• Moderators

It's kind of a Kansas City thing. Take the tips of a smoked brisket that have become overly smoked, heavily barked, burnt. Trim those from the heart of the brisket before slicing and serve. Great bark on the outside, moist and tender inside. Damn good eatin'.

It goes way past KC, burnt ends are the part of a brisket people fight over, many smoke the brisket till done and cut off the end of the flat. Apply sauce and cook more until it just a hunk of great bark.

• Moderators

I cannot drink gin, when I was around 20 someone passed me a bottle and I took a big shot and will never forget it, tasted like chemicals to me, although it was probably the cheapest available.