Forum members doing something for plant workers

ricktate

Friday I got a chance to talk to a few employees in back by the outdoor system. One of them has worked at Klipsch for 20 years. He also has been building the sub to that outdoor system we listened to.

But he and a few others said they have never heard any of the products that they make let alone afford them. So what I would like to propose is to take a collection up and buy a new or used set of speakers so the workers could have a raffle also. We could do it next year or even this year.

I was feeling rather guilty when we all were getting nice stuff from Klipsch but the people who make it do not get to enjoy it. I even thought during the raffle if I won some thing really nice to donate to this cause.

How cool would it be to present a new pair of speakers to one of the employees to show how much we appreciate them.

Please lets do not forget about the people that actually build these great speakers.

• Like 7

I like the way you think Rick. I am in. I want to see Klipsch provide equipment at wholesale. We raise funds and when we have a total, Chad or somebody can tell us what that buys. I may be asking too much. :)  

Whatever55, I can believe the McIntosh. That stuff is over the top expensive. Every time I look at it seriously, I hesitate and don't buy it. I know it is the best, and it represents US made as well as anything, but it is simply too expensive for my pockets. Even at wholesale, I doubt most working class people could afford this equipment. Even used, the stuff is higher than hell. Sadly, I may never own a piece of McIntosh equipment.

I know it will not be easy to do this......but I think we can get it done. I also had thought about providing a system in the break room but I don't think It will work. But an employee raffle will work we may have to provide a receiver to get them started also but easy to get a used one of those. Not sure who to get in contact with to get ball rolling.

After talking to Walter I think his name was....and he told me he has never even heard the K-Horns I felt really bad. Rick

Edited by ricktate

That would be great Christy...Not sure should we do new and have one raffle or do used and maybe have 2-3. In other words get more employees hooked up with tunes. Will need an employee person to help out on collecting the names who want to be involved in the raffle. I think we should get one done this year and plan one for next year.

Just looking for opinions right now.

Is there an employee break room. Would it make more sense to put a system there so they could all benefit?

Michael Colter should just go down and wire the whole factory. That way people would rather work than take breaks.   :)  It's a win-win!

Edited by mustang guy

The break room system probably would not be utilized. They're in there,eat and go right back to work but it would be cool to fix an employee up with a set of speakers. It would also be neat to indoctrinate new employees with the Klipsch sound by passing them through the listening room as part of the hiring process.

The break room system probably would not be utilized. They're in there,eat and go right back to work but it would be cool to fix an employee up with a set of speakers. It would also be neat to indoctrinate new employees with the Klipsch sound by passing them through the listening room as part of the hiring process.

Why employees could not listen while they ate is a mystery to me. Further, if employees cannot afford speakers, some of which can be had for a few hundred dollars, then why wouldn't the same apply to amps/preamps/sources...?

In any event, if this is to be done, a system should be awarded, not just "speakers."

JMHO

• Like 1

Music improves my productivity. Studies have been done that prove that it does in others too. There are no OSHA regs on it as long as the music isn't too loud. I like to turn my LaScala's on full mono and listen to a radio station that plays hits from the 70's and 80's. It isn't loud, and it is a hell of a lot better than when I don't have it on.

I will be surprised if anybody here would disagree. We are a bunch of music lovers. Even people who aren't can have a better life if it is included, and who knows, they may actually become music lovers like we are. next thing you know they will be loggin on to the Klipsch forums.   :)

• Like 3

After talking to Walter I think his name was....and he told me he has never even heard the K-Horns I felt really bad. Rick

I'd love to help out with this any way I can, and I'm actually in a position that I can do so, but if a Hope plant employee has never heard k-horns, I mean, there's a pair set up permanently in the listening room isn't there? I'd consider this a training issue that management ought to do something about if there's people who for 20 years have worked within a 30 second walk to a pair of finished and set up speakers that they help build and have never heard them but want to.

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters
  • Like 1

I wonder if this is a case of people who are so involved with making musical components that they can't bring themselves to allow it to leak into their private lives? I LOVED pizza until I worked at an pizza place in college. After that, the smell of pizza made me gag.

Maybe not.

Edited by eth2

I wonder if this is a case of people who are so involved with making musical components that they can't bring themselves to allow it to leak into their private lives? I LOVED pizza until I worked at an pizza place in college. After that, the smell of pizza made me gag.

Maybe not.

Some people just don't care about this stuff. I've seen a multi-millionaire be very uncomfortable when he wrote a $500 check for a home theater sub, and he was even an spl competitor with vehicles. The guy who won a center channel yesterday had to ask what it was. We always assume that the general population loves this stuff as much as we do. That's usually not really the case. Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters