Klipsch outdoor speakers

dtr20

I know they have a bunch of different models of klipsch outdoor speakers. I'm looking to hang some on the outside of my garage. I was looking at a pair of hs2's, but I really don't know anything about these. Can anyone recommend some? Thanks

I'm building a semi-covered patio this summer, so I've been thinking about this as well.  I picked up a pair of the R-15PM's on Thursday.  They're so portable and flexible, I can bring them outside when I want but also use them for other purposes as well.  The two other uses I had in mind were 1) my home office and 2) live sound reinforcement for a string quartet.  These things can connect to anything and the two online reviews I saw (CNET and AVSforum) are spot on.  I'm hoping I found my new outdoor speakers without having to hardwire anything in place.

I'm building a semi-covered patio this summer, so I've been thinking about this as well.  I picked up a pair of the R-15PM's on Thursday.  They're so portable and flexible, I can bring them outside when I want but also use them for other purposes as well.  The two other uses I had in mind were 1) my home office and 2) live sound reinforcement for a string quartet.  These things can connect to anything and the two online reviews I saw (CNET and AVSforum) are spot on.  I'm hoping I found my new outdoor speakers without having to hardwire anything in place.

In my situation, I already have speaker wires run and a wifi receiver. I don't know about dtr.

I have been thinking about getting a set of these. Will be curious what your long term review will be.

I have a set of the Klipsch outdoor speakers I hang under my soffits. I believe they were the 525's, been a couple years and would have to actually look them up. They work great! I have them connected via a Nuvo system to my deck. I leave them up year round and I live in Ohio. They survived a couple of the previous winters with extended temps below zero. I actually have an MP3 of sleigh bells that I play on Christmas Eve

• Like 1

I have a set of the Klipsch outdoor speakers I hang under my soffits. I believe they were the 525's, been a couple years and would have to actually look them up. They work great! I have them connected via a Nuvo system to my deck. I leave them up year round and I live in Ohio. They survived a couple of the previous winters with extended temps below zero. I actually have an MP3 of sleigh bells that I play on Christmas Eve

Same install here, but with Definitive Tech's. I think the design of these for an install under the soffit is actually pretty thoughtful. Bass is really pretty good and I get a good number of comments on sound quality. Been a couple winters now, north of Boston and they're still rock solid.

So I got the hs-2 speakers. They were used on eBay. There is something definitely wrong with them. One speaker only produced muffled bass, the other speaker only produced mids. Also the volume output of the different speakers were completely different. I had to disconnect the woofers and crank the volume up on the receiver to discover that there was actually sound coming out of the tweeters. I emailed the guy to complain since the ad said they were good working speakers, and he ended up giving me my money back. I'm guessing the crossovers need to be replaced and maybe the woofers and tweeters. So I never got to do a real test. I was trying to pick up something used/cheaper like the aw's. I may have to call acoustic sound design to ask how much the cp-6's would be.

Edited by dtr20