Any help dating my Forte II's?

Loneshark

Hello all! I'm a long time lurker but just now signed up because I had time and the will to open up the back of my Forte II's. I have always wanted to know the year of my speakers but never could understand the labels on the back corner of each speaker - despite reading numerous articles of how to interpret the numbers. My labels don't seem to match any configuration described in those articles. So in my questioning, I decided to go inside and see if anything was labeled like my KT-LCR is on its components. I hope someone can lend help and tell me what the manufacturing date was and anything else they might see. To the best of my knowledge, they are original components which makes me wonder about the crossovers but the speakers certainly sound fine. I'm not sure what I would be gaining in replacing the caps or crossovers all together. 

post-63256-0-44480000-1463953132_thumb.j

post-63256-0-14920000-1463953151_thumb.j

post-63256-0-80520000-1463953170_thumb.j

post-63256-0-09000000-1463953188_thumb.j

The tags are the old style similar to my 1989's, but the numbers and amount of numbers are different.  My other two pair are the newer style tags.  My best guess is either 1989 or 1990, during a transition of labeling method.  I can see how this is a bit of a stumper.  Maybe they are prototypes.

Edited by oldtimer

• Moderators

I could use some "dating" tips as well.  Lonely in MidMo :emotion-50:

If she has an Adam's Apple, he's not a she.

Using that logic... what the hell is Bruce Jenner?

A circus act = No BJ from BJ for me. 

back to he OP: Terminal blocks: round or square? 4 or 8 ohm?

I could use some "dating" tips as well.  Lonely in MidMo :emotion-50:

If she has an Adam's Apple, he's not a she.

Using that logic... what the hell is Bruce Jenner?

A circus act = No BJ from BJ for me. 

back to he OP: Terminal blocks: round or square? 4 or 8 ohm?

Oh a comedian. Wow, real funny. Here is a tip for you: Don't quit your day job. You and Wolf are a regular Martin and Lewis. A tip for the both of you, don't quit your day jobs.

I would suggest you both delete your posts before a moderator or Chad sees that. Just a suggestion, but hopefully someone can get a new member an answer he wanted before this thread gets locked

Edited by dwilawyer

Here's a pic of the square terminal blocks on the Forte II that I had.

Which ones had round / which ones had square terminal boxes?

Did ALL Forte II have magnetic grill retainers? vv Did ALL Forte 1 have pegs for grill retainers? 

I had a Forte that was 4 ohm. What's up with that? Anyone else's 4 ohm? 

post-56159-0-75920000-1463970349_thumb.j