Question for everybody: Interested in Custom Heritage Speakers?

Chad

How about offering the Jubilee bass bin (and the other Cinema bass cabinets) as unfinished "Birch Raw" like the LaScala I...

Personally, I think a pair of KPT-684's in a clear Birch Lacquer finish (to match my LaScalas) would merit some serious consideration.

• Like 3

How about offering the Jubilee bass bin (and the other Cinema bass cabinets) as unfinished "Birch Raw" like the LaScala I...

Personally, I think a pair of KPT-684's in a clear Birch Lacquer finish (to match my LaScalas) would merit some serious consideration.

pretty sure you can order any of the cinema in raw form? i could be wrong though. i think i read it somewhere though. 

• Moderators

It's a no brainer. Levi's has a custom shop, 350 to 500 a pair, in San Francisco. The Fender Custom Shop is legendary.

What year are we up to on Paul's birthday this year? Create a Signature Model, Be drivers, etc.

Make that Jubilee bass bin in a real exotic wood, with grill covers, and get Roy to make a wood horn to match size of 502. You do that, set it up in a great listening space at CES, I think you could sell a 100 pair right off the floor at 20K a pair retail.

Get Billy Bob Thorton to design a pair, and sell a limited edition of those, etc., etc.

Made to order, money up front, accurate waiting times given, no inventory to carry. Chad can create an app or way customers can check status, on real time, just like shipping a UPS package?

Who ever asked you to check into this is a genius Chad and I like the way they think.

I was talking about this very thing with some photographer dude just the other day.

• Like 3

Black walnut is already available as is Cherry.

Bring back Oak and add Maple and Mahogany, should be the same price as standard options.

My bad, I always thought they were English Walnut.  They look different.

wcjz2h.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators

Cane grill to add to existing black.

Finishes:

Rosewood

Macassar Ebony

Birdseye Maple

Walnut Burl

Where would you source Macassar Ebony, or any Ebony for that matter? I think Ebony is going to be off the table for awhile, it is on the CITES list and won't be coming off in the foreseeable future. So is Rosewood from Mexico, South America and Madagascar. That leaves Asian? Is it not as prefered?

Maybe take some inspiration from Taylor Guitars...

Koa:

K24CE.jpg

Macassar ebony:

macassar-ebony-front-image-1000_0.png

Tasmanian blackwood:

taylor-sassafras-2014ltd.jpg

sassafras:

714ltdBACK2.jpg

flamy maple:

T3NATURALDIS-0_3.jpg

black heart sassafras.  Oh my.  

71a5bf487d086d8b86c9503a571afe72.jpg

Edited by MetropolisLakeOutfitters

Can you have veneer that has knots in it?  A nasty knotted up pair of heresy would be cool but I don't know how knots translates to veneer, probably has to be pretty flawless.  

Some veneer is just a photo copy, so knots shouldn't be a problem.

• Moderators

Can you have veneer that has knots in it? A nasty knotted up pair of heresy would be cool but I don't know how knots translates to veneer, probably has to be pretty flawless.

They make kitchen cabinets out of knotty pine veneer, I think they all have a clear protective coating on them that avoids trouble down the road, I'm not sure how it would work in more of a furniture application.

• Moderators

Maybe take some inspiration from Taylor Guitars...

Koa:

K24CE.jpg

Macassar ebony:

macassar-ebony-front-image-1000_0.png

Tasmanian blackwood:

taylor-sassafras-2014ltd.jpg

sassafras:

714ltdBACK2.jpg

flamy maple:

T3NATURALDIS-0_3.jpg

Mr. Taylor bought an Ebony mill in Cameroon and is attempting to grow sustainable ebony. He has indicated that his customers will have to start accepting what were previously considered to be flaws as signs of a sustainable wood.

• Chad locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic